Dockless bike sharing scheme to launch in Sheffield

Well take the Lady's Bridge incident. Plenty of CCTV knocking about, on the streets, in passing premises, so whoever did it shouldn't be hard to find those responsible.

A few private prosecutions with costs awarded to Ofo, should get the message across.

---------- Post added 23-05-2018 at 12:31 ----------

Will do when I get home. I'll not bother with 101 though. Apparently vandalism doesn't seem to be treated as a crime anymore.

I don’t mean any offence,but why report it to police? Ofo’s business plan is to flood the area ( look at China ) with the cheap bikes with the expectation of vandalism built in to their business plan and costs.

Now look at how many have been damaged/ stolen in relation to the stress our police are under at the moment.

Yes, vandalism is a crime but I would sooner police pay attention to the tax payers grievances than a multi national corporation who have built in this loss to their business.

Now look at how many have been damaged/ stolen in relation to the stress our police are under at the moment.

Stress? 35 officers to watch 20 private security to watch someone fell a tree, just in case a pensioner goes to stand underneath it?! Hahahahahahahah. Poor snowflakes.

Stress? 35 officers to watch 20 private security to watch someone fell a tree, just in case a pensioner goes to stand underneath it?! Hahahahahahahah. Poor snowflakes.

my apologies, I thought this was the OFO thread.

P.s I don’t think they are doing that now.

What agreement do ofo have with SCC that gives them immunity from fly-tipping legislation?

Why should their operation be allowed to leave damaged bikes littering the city?

Leave a bike out for public use without a contract with the public, how can you succeed in attempting such a prosecution.

Classic defence will be "it was like that when I found it".

---------- Post added 23-05-2018 at 18:06 ----------

Just to satisfy my pedantic urge .... the companies brand name is ofo, not Ofo nor OFO.

The Star may wish to take note.

Hence why they'd have to see someone damaging it.

They can though of course demand that someone who isn't paying for the service get off and give them back the bike they've stolen.

If they drove around Darnall in a van they'd be able to pick up 20 in an evening.

The pig iron bikes cost buttons to make but the costs of running the scheme seem to be killing most of the entrants into the market. Bike share companies are failing regularly. I do like the core idea of hopping on a random bike, but they seem to becoming basically litter and need some kind of better management. It's a conundrum.

Oh well played Mystic Eng. :hihi:

I do feel a bit sorry for ofo though, they seem to be making a serious stab at it but until they move the geofence further west they aren't a lot of use to me. And motors too please, because if I'm on business I don't want to turn up too moist.

They'd have better luck if they simply went around and collected all the bikes with no locks on. They can use reasonable force if necessary to recover what is at that point stolen property.

That's the best approach surely? Any bike without a lock on can be classed as theft. The amount you see without locks is ridiculous- bring them all back in, fit locks, and issue notices saying anyone riding one that isn't locked is in possession of stolen property.

Motors would change the cost from buttons to serious beans. Even a cheap motor conversion for a bike costs £500, they could do it cheaper due to volume, but even at half the price the bikes are going from <£10 each to hundreds each.

Driving through Fir Vale today and I saw an ofo bike being ridden by a male. The bike had the lock missing off the back.

Oh the temptation to shout ‘BIKE THIEF’ was very strong.

However all they would have heard was “ump,e gruffly flip” as I was riding my motorcycle and wearing a helmet!

I'd really like to use an ofo next Tuesday, but the site to accept credit card details has been down for over 24 hours! Are ofo a serious company with some intention of turning a profit, or just some spoilt rich kid's pet project?

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

They're a multi billion pound business, and you can register with the credit card directly through your phone.

They're a multi billion pound business, and you can register with the credit card directly through your phone.

They have yet to turn a profit though haven't they? Any idiot can spend multiple billions, which is all they seem to be good at. Plus I CAN'T actually register the credit card directly with my phone. This is my biggest issue with them- their abject failure to fulfill a pretty basic m-commerce task!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android