Any Venues putting on cover bands midweek

Any venues putting on midweek cover bands?

I don't mean the venues that try to put on 10 amateur bands in one evening. I've been in such venues I you spend most of your drinking time watching teenagers dismantle/setup equipment just to play their own stuff that isn't up to scratch. Got to be a good rock or blues cover band.

I work weekends so miss all the good stuff.

Any venues putting on midweek cover bands?

I don't mean the venues that try to put on 10 amateur bands in one evening. I've been in such venues I you spend most of your drinking time watching teenagers dismantle/setup equipment just to play their own stuff that isn't up to scratch. Got to be a good rock or blues cover band.

I work weekends so miss all the good stuff.

Check out white lion posts. Great music pub.

Check out white lion posts. Great music pub.

Too far away pal.

No direct bus and expensive in taxis.

Plus Lion is a real ale pub. Can't really stomach the stuff without feeling ill.

has to be Hillsborough side or town.

But not West Street Live or Mulberry as they're a like drinking in cannon.

Not Fagins as you can only take so much folk music and irish jigs. Plus its a bit scruffy.

Edited by rollwithit

Too far away pal.

No direct bus and expensive in taxis.

Plus Lion is a real ale pub. Can't really stomach the stuff without feeling ill.

has to be Hillsborough side or town.

But not West Street Live or Mulberry as they're a like drinking in cannon.

Not Fagins as you can only take so much folk music and irish jigs. Plus its a bit scruffy.

I drink Tetley's there. Wouldn't call that real ale. Have you checked out New Barrack Tavern? You will probably say real ale again but the Barnsley Bitter is great.

I drink Tetley's there. Wouldn't call that real ale. Have you checked out New Barrack Tavern? You will probably say real ale again but the Barnsley Bitter is great.

Barracks seems to only do stuff Fridays & Saturdays.

I'd drive down to White Lion, but don't really want to be sat there with orange juice.

Thanks for your suggestions anyways.

Sorry for been hard to please.

Barracks seems to only do stuff Fridays & Saturdays.

I'd drive down to White Lion, but don't really want to be sat there with orange juice.

Thanks for your suggestions anyways.

Sorry for been hard to please.

White Lion has live music every Tuesday,Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday afternoon. We also have jazz every third Monday.

In addition to the 8/9 real ale pumps, we have a cider pump and then sell Amstel, Cobra, Shipyard and Carling alongside a selection of bottles. The bus stop directly opposite the pub is well serviced and you can get the last one into town (or further) around midnight.

Not sure if it's too awkward for you to get to but The Brothers Arms in Heeley often have bands on during the week!