2018/2019 Recommended Tradesmen Megathread No Advertising/Jobs/Quotes

Am after recommendations for a good company to Tarmac path and back yard

Ian Parkin from this forum sorted my headboard problem in a day, after I stressed about it for over a month. Cut the frame down and put it together again securely, no problem at all. I thoroughly recommend him for any similar work. Thank you Ian.

I'd like some recommendations please for someone to alter refurbish and rehang a Or replace a 6ft (approx) wrought iron gate

If you want to pm me with their contact details I will pass them on within few days.

I'd like some recommendations for quotes please for someone to clad a balcony from under the existing sill .

plastic upvc or similar will be fine

It is on what is effect the 3rd floor.

Access is easy, wide open no problems

just ladders if you want but I'd advocate quick form type or tube and clip scaffolding or a cherry picker

If you want to pm me with their contact details I will pass them on within few days.

We have an oldish brick house with an out house on the back - the back wall need re pointing but to get to all of it my guess is the tradesman will need some bridging scafold

While the work is being done it makes sense to swap the old wooden out house lintel for a concrete one

Anyone suggest a good person for the job please. And some idea of cost

thanks

Looking for recommendations for a builder that could stabilise/repair a crack on an outbuilding and some work on an old stone retaining wall (linked to the outbuilding).

Looking for some advice/recommendation on an indoor bay window job.

At some point a previous owner built a storage area in the bay window with a hinged top and we'd like to reclaim the 2ft or so for a sofa so it sits in the bay (the first question might be to have a look and tell us whether it's even possible). It seems to cover a couple of jobs so not sure which trade is best to ask after - getting rid of the existing arrangement, putting in a new 'standard' sill, plastering/making good...

And what we'd really like is the high skirting board (which we think is original) to be matched - can that be done? Presumably that's a joiner's job?

and as always on this thread...any rough estimates of cost?

Looking for recommendations for replacing outside plastic toilet soil pipe and all other outside waste pipes on the back of a terraced house.

In Hillsborough. Thanks

This post is well over a year out of date (because I have been rubbish at remembering to do it!!) but I am here to add another recommendation and thanks to Jeff the Joiner and his team. They did a full renovation of the first floor of our house at the beginning of 2017; new windows, replastering two rooms and the stairs and landing (and new ceiling in the bedroom), new doors, new bannisters/rails on two flights of stairs and landing, rewiring - the whole works.

Jeff project managed the whole thing, co-ordinating all the different jobs with his team, which took a lot of stress out of it, and making sure things were tidy when he was done. Everything came together nicely and in the expected time and budget - Jeff is always very clear about costs so there are no surprises.

The results are great, a real improvement to the house which we are very pleased with.

This was the second project Jeff has done for us - a few years ago he did a complete renovation of our attic room - and we will be after him again soon to get downstairs done. Its very clear that he is honest, trustworthy (I was happy to give him a set of house keys for the duration of the work), and takes a lot of pride in his work and getting things just right for his customers.

HI Cis and Steve

thanks again for the work kind regards jeff

Can anyone recommend a good plumber please? I need a 2 part valve replacing, a sink unit and all the pipes removed and a couple of other small jobs doing.

Thanks

Would highly recommend Jeff the Joiner (07861379796 ). He has carried out several jobs for us, most recently a full kitchen replacement. Always professional with work completed on time and at reasonable rates.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

I have about 4 wooden fence posts that are rotten at the bottom and need replacing - the fence panels are ok so I'm not looking for a whole new fence. Can anyone recommend a local firm that repair fencing - I'm in S12.