What music are you listening to?

Arms Akimbo-Arms Akimbo

The Whip Hand-Sometimes, We Are

The Workhouse-Now I Am On Fire

Bell Jar-Beauty Was The Beast EP

Bell Jar-Cut EP

Hi Ontarian1981, The band's name is first, title second, they are all albums. The first title goes back to 1987!

They would be classed as power pop, alternative, shoegaze bands from the US and Australia. I don't care about bands that are mainstream and loved by the masses, they don't float my boat. My collection, which numbers over 4,000 items, has few known bands apart from early R.E.M. and Pixies. I prefer digging out obscure bands who release music that I love. Guitar bands are a must, chiming, ringing sounds or when played through a myriad of effects, like sustain.

I will no doubt be listing more as I play them and once again you will have never heard of them. They may not be popular and successful but it doesn't mean the music is poor. It's a matter of taste.

When I was younger I loved progressive music and bought albums like Warhorse and The Human Beast. Obscure and valueless at the time, but look at the prices of their albums now, the latter sells for upwards of £1,000!

Thanks for the info, I too was a discerning music fan back in the early 60s (pre-Beatles) I would buy hardly anything in the charts with the exception of early Elvis. I used to listen to Radio Luxembourg and listen to obscure American stuff. Violet May, a legendary record shop owner in Sheffield always had great rare stuff too. You must remember until the Beatles arrived the only music worth listening to was from America, of course, the pendulum swung to the UK in the mid 60's, and I assume most of your favourite bands are homegrown too. Cheers, and happy listening.:thumbsup:

Edited by Ontarian1981
add a line

"Disco Stu'" Stuff, Not Duff!

Before the frog we had the precursor appearing in "I Can't Wait" by Nu Shooz

and a kind of Daft Punk feel of

"More Bounce To The Ounce" by Zapp.

"Searching" by Change

"Forget Me Nots" by Patrice Rushen.

Edited by swarfendor43

Hidden Charms-History

Crocodile Shop-Head

Crocodile Shop-Lullaby

The Gladstones-Jeremy

Biohazard - Urban discipline

Biohazard - State of the world address

Holy McGrail - Collecting earthquakes (mindblowing fuzzed out 72 minute piece of distortion featuring Julian Cope on one 29-minute track. I loved it. According to Bandcamp he's another Sheffield-based musician).

could I ask anyone who would like to hear something truly stunning then please listen to whiter shade of pale live in Denmark , on you tube (its the clip where the stage looks like a blue circus tent) , im sorry im not up on copying links , but for a sunday afternoon lift , please have a listen , truly fantastic,, thank you , hope ive cheered your sunday up 📯🎵🎻🎺

1 hour ago, craig12 said:

could I ask anyone who would like to hear something truly stunning then please listen to whiter shade of pale live in Denmark , on you tube (its the clip where the stage looks like a blue circus tent) , im sorry im not up on copying links , but for a sunday afternoon lift , please have a listen , truly fantastic,, thank you , hope ive cheered your sunday up 📯🎵🎻🎺

Just had a listen, I agree it is pretty cool.