The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

I'm sure you do. As do I.

I;ve removed the rest as you are just grandstanding now. I've asked the question several times now and you have avoided it. Thats because all you want is a soapbox to rail against perviced injustice as you see it. Thats not debate, thats not health - it's just an angry person standing ona soapbox shouting inanities into the air.

How much in tax do you think they pay? How much do you think they earn?

How much of the UK is in that 1%. It'd surprise you.... Want to make a guess what I make and where my taxes go?

How would I know? However paying a lot of tax is simply indicative of great wealth, so what? You can come up with a huge figure if you like, but I could simply come back with an even greater figure of their wealth / income. It's usually in amounts that ordinary people can't even comprehend. How much money does one person need? Do the super rich ever have enough?

I guess you are going to say that many of the people in the UK come into the 1%, and indeed in a world that is predominantly poor that is not surprising, I am grateful. (However go to the 0.1% and do the wealth ratio and it increases exponentially.) But in a relatively rich country we too have our very poor and desperate, and the figure is growing. Why should a homeless person in this country not deserve the same sympathy we would give to a poor person anywhere else? Several countries that are very poor also have obscenely wealthy people. What they don't have is an efficient and honest tax system. I worry that our tax system is following suit.

I don't know what you earn or where your taxes go. Do you want t tell me?

Edited by Anna B

[/b]

How would I know??

Yet you're suggesting they don't pay their fair share? If you don't know how much they pay how do you know whether it's a "fair share" or not? Genuine questions Anna

I don't know what you earn or where your taxes go. Do you want t tell me?

If you are not willing to critically think about what the numbers may mean then you are just jumping on the bandwagon and grandstanding as I've said...

How about a little critical thinking on what that might me then. I'll give you some numbers.

Last month I billed two clients for work. One of these is billed daily at a day rate of £575 a day. Thats generally how the work has been for them for the last six months and will carry on for another nine months. Bearing in mind I only get to bill them for days worked so no BH etc.

Second client is an hourly rate as and when needed. They get billed at £70 an hour in quarter hour increments. I suspect I average about 30 hours a month to them.

So, thats money coming into my limited company. I'm the sole shareholder. Now make a guess at what amount I make and the tax I pay. I well inside that 1% you harp on about - lets see what you know about it. I make use of all the legal ways there are of avoiding tax so lets see what you think.

---------- Post added 17-05-2018 at 12:55 ----------

Yet you're suggesting they don't pay their fair share? If you don't know how much they pay how do you know whether it's a "fair share" or not? Genuine questions Anna

Details are above... :) Want to have a go yourself? I suspect this could be interesting....

---------- Post added 17-05-2018 at 19:43 ----------

......tumbleweed from Anna....

They could start by getting the seriously rich / Corporations etc to pay their fair share of taxes properly. That alone would fund it - if they can collect it.

Unfortunately when dealing with the rich and powerful, they have systematically rigged the system in their favour, and none of the current government has the will to change it.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2016/apr/15/neoliberalism-ideology-problem-george-monbiot

Jeremy Corbyn has said he will make this a priority, and I believe he will.

He also wants to start a National Investment Bank. (Quantatitive easing for the people.) Cutting out the middle man (the Banks) scares the **** out of them. It doesn't fit into their agenda at all, they would lose their stranglehold, but sound economic minds think it would work. Read this: ,

http://www.primeeconomics.org/articles/corbyns-investment-bank-a-step-towards-a-rational-fiscal-policy

Ah the old labour trick of higher taxation , what next , borrowing money for their schemes ?

They could start by getting the seriously rich / Corporations etc to pay their fair share of taxes properly. That alone would fund it - if they can collect it.

Unfortunately when dealing with the rich and powerful, they have systematically rigged the system in their favour, and none of the current government has the will to change it.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2016/apr/15/neoliberalism-ideology-problem-george-monbiot

Jeremy Corbyn has said he will make this a priority, and I believe he will.

He also wants to start a National Investment Bank. (Quantatitive easing for the people.) Cutting out the middle man (the Banks) scares the **** out of them. It doesn't fit into their agenda at all, they would lose their stranglehold, but sound economic minds think it would work. Read this: ,

http://www.primeeconomics.org/articles/corbyns-investment-bank-a-step-towards-a-rational-fiscal-policy

Worked really well in France didn't it..

Latest polling has Theresa May as preferred PM with Don't Know in second place, with Jeremy Corbyn coming third in the two horse race.

Labour should be crushing it against May's hapless government, which just goes to show how utterly awful most people's think Corbyn would be as PM. It's time to get rid of him before Labour end up in the wilderness for another decade.

Keep the faith folks, lots of Tory trolls about.

Labour have no chance with their current leader

What Labour needs is a John Smith moment.

But unfortunately, despite being a Hamas sympathiser, Jeremy Corbyn doesn't eat enough kebabs.

What a ridiculous post. :loopy:

---------- Post added 20-05-2018 at 08:20 ----------

What Labour needs is a John Smith moment.

But unfortunately, despite being a Hamas sympathiser, Jeremy Corbyn doesn't eat enough kebabs.

A leader/pm with a sense of humour would be a good start, folk respond to personalities, something both May and Corbyn are devoid of. Labour continues to be the anti Tory party, whilst the Tories appear to have gone backwards, I’m beginning to fear that May thinks that she is Churchill when dealing with the leaders of other nations.

Nowt we can do, we’re stuck with a far right government and a far left opposition, with bog all in the middle, Vince Cable couldn’t run a tap, let alone a political party, woe are us. :confused:

What a ridiculous post. :loopy:

---------- Post added 20-05-2018 at 08:20 ----------

A leader/pm with a sense of humour would be a good start, folk respond to personalities, something both May and Corbyn are devoid of. Labour continues to be the anti Tory party, whilst the Tories appear to have gone backwards, I’m beginning to fear that May thinks that she is Churchill when dealing with the leaders of other nations.

Nowt we can do, we’re stuck with a far right government and a far left opposition, with bog all in the middle, Vince Cable couldn’t run a tap, let alone a political party, woe are us. :confused:

If you think the current Conservative party are ‘far right’ then you’re devoid of reality.

It's the lack of Corbyn supporters you need to worry about.