Council tree felling...

Did BT's Contractor remove the offending root?

No, that's the whole point. When people see a raised ridge of tarmac with a crack running along it, they reasonably to assume that the root is directly below the tarmac. In this case,

BT dug a trench a foot deep, and the root was below that level.

Two riot vans

They aren't riot vans, they are just vans used to move cops about in.

They aren't riot vans, they are just vans used to move cops about in.

Same thing

Good grief! You can’t even see the evidence with your own eyes. She is in an area she shouldn’t be. Security weren’t even dealing with her. She fell because she was holding on to that other idiot that was being removed.

It’s not peaceful protest when you are entering an excluded area to prevent lawful work from happening.

Stop wasting my tax money because like the Newbury bypass, it’s going to happen. You may be delaying the inevitable but at a hell of a cost to Sheffield taxpayers.

Well said!

---------- Post added 21-03-2018 at 00:42 ----------

Fortunately mainly people recognise that living in an environment surrounded by tarmac and concrete is pretty awful, for both the ebvirontment, and mental health. Not to mention sterile, and bleak.

Rather sad that you seem to view things in such a dull manner. I imagine replacing any grass in your garden with fake grass or concrete is also a priority. 'easier to manage'. Depressing.

Some people live surrounded by concrete and tarmac due to where they live, think your looking down your nose at people less well off/affluent than yourself. And to mention mental health to try and back up your argument is stooping pretty low.

There are at least a couple of members on here who seem to post pure propaganda against what is after all a lawful activity, whether it be a popular one or not. They seem to live on here trying to stir emotions with their one sided ranting and are incapable to moving from their viewpoint.

The tree felling is unpopular but it is lawful, and it's being carried out on behalf of a council that was democratically voted in by its people.

Edited by WarPig

Tax avoidance is lawful, but it doesn't stop it being widely condemned...

There are at least a couple of members on here who seem to post pure propaganda against what is after all a lawful activity, whether it be a popular one or not. They seem to live on here trying to stir emotions with their one sided ranting and are incapable to moving from their viewpoint..

Well I for one haven't been posting propaganda - I try very hard to present factually correct information, which has involved extensive reading of statutes, court judgements, and Amey/SCC documents (where they condescend to actually release them).

SCC on the other hand can be shown (with good supporting evidence) to have consistently misled councillors, the public, SYP, and the courts.

Tax avoidance is lawful, but it doesn't stop it being widely condemned...

Certainly not by me, and not by anyone that I know. Tax avoidance is just a sensible approach to any business. Would you say that a business donating money to charity to avoid tax should be condemned?

There are at least a couple of members on here who seem to post pure propaganda against what is after all a lawful activity, whether it be a popular one or not. They seem to live on here trying to stir emotions with their one sided ranting and are incapable to moving from their viewpoint.

The tree felling is unpopular but it is lawful, and it's being carried out on behalf of a council that was democratically voted in by its people.

SY Plod have shown thoughout these protests they are bullies and are happy to man handle and assault pensioners . They disgust me .

I only ask out of interest but if someone else's tree ... as in the case the council's... over hangs your property is there any legal means that enables you to force them to prune it back to outside your border.

Also as council trees, I have none, deposit large amounts of leaves in the autumn which completely cover the front my property do I have any means by which I can force the council to come and remove them?

This last autumn I paid some kids to put the leaves in the bin for me, a bin man said he was not supposed to empty it if it was full of leaves when I explained they were all council leaves he said he'd take my bin this time but next time there is a scheme for garden rubbish.

SY Plod have shown thoughout these protests they are bullies and are happy to man handle and assault pensioners . They disgust me .

And that is a good example of the point Im making.

I only ask out of interest but if someone else's tree ... as in the case the council's... over hangs your property is there any legal means that enables you to force them to prune it back to outside your border.

Also as council trees, I have none, deposit large amounts of leaves in the autumn which completely cover the front my property do I have any means by which I can force the council to come and remove them?

This last autumn I paid some kids to put the leaves in the bin for me, a bin man said he was not supposed to empty it if it was full of leaves when I explained they were all council leaves he said he'd take my bin this time but next time there is a scheme for garden rubbish.

You are free to prune back the branches yourself and then return the councils property to it.

You can't require them to clear up leaves no. Nor can you make your neighbour clear up leaves if they blow in from a tree they own.