Tramlines Festival - Hillsborough Park

Just wish this event included some classical music or heavy rock!

Just wish this event included some classical music or heavy rock!

I'd Like to see cliff richard or even.barry manolow at this event

Showing the youngsters how to boogie on down

Some of these posts have made me chuckle..

As someone who actually lived on leppings lane for 10years, week in and week out we had 25k - 30k plus away fans descend onto us, as many as nearly 40k at the big matches.. Apart from not being able to move the car for not getting parked again it was never an issue, learned to use my legs instead of the car.. the fans come and go and the day continues..

This is going to be ONE weekend, the amount of people is going to be around the same on a match day..

I really dont get what people are moaning about??

It's a great park and should be shared with others, plus the local businesses will benefit and i think that's great..

How do you know they're not moving it to Hillsborough, so the ones in charge of it can cream more off the top? Nosferatu needs to be able to fund his ever growing weatherspoons like franchise. And I doubt his performing puppets won't be work for free either. Unless they're really gullible . Anyways, his waistline represents his wealth.:rolleyes:

Guest makapaka
How do you know they're not moving it to Hillsborough, so the ones in charge of it can cream more off the top? Nosferatu needs to be able to fund his ever growing weatherspoons like franchise. And I doubt his performing puppets won't be work for free either. Unless they're really gullible . Anyways, his waistline represents his wealth.:rolleyes:

So what if they are?

If the festivals better - and they also earn a few more quid - everyone’s a winner.

8. Will the pond area be protected, I can just imagine some idiots peeing in it or chucking rubbish in it.

That's a good point actually, the temptation will be for some people to use it as a giant latrine :rolleyes:

Tramlines is an asset to the city. It's one of the few eventa that brings people in from other places, and is great for the local economy.

If it makes people money- good. That means it might carry on happening.

I honestly can't underatand why anyobe would see this event as a negative. If it's not your aort of thing- that's fine. Don't attend. Don't have anything to do with it. Go away for the weekend. But please recognise how important it is in terms of keeping sheffield from becoming a backwater.

Didn't the organizers, back in 2009 , used to be Toddla T, Jon McClure and the old guitarist who was replaced by Nick O'Malley, in the Arctic Monkeys? Whatever happened to that?

---------- Post added 22-01-2018 at 07:23 ----------

Tramlines is an asset to the city. It's one of the few eventa that brings people in from other places, and is great for the local economy.

If it makes people money- good. That means it might carry on happening.

I honestly can't underatand why anyobe would see this event as a negative. If it's not your aort of thing- that's fine. Don't attend. Don't have anything to do with it. Go away for the weekend. But please recognise how important it is in terms of keeping sheffield from becoming a backwater.

I know precisely what I make of it. It promotes James O’Hara, and the rest of his Sheffield corporate cronies who are trying to dominate and put their stamp all over it. To quote one of them ‘ we have our own people’.

https://ibb.co/hUJ9Ob

Edited by AmberLeaf

Didn't the organizers, back in 2009 , used to be Toddla T, Jon McClure and the old guitarist who was replaced by Nick O'Malley, in the Arctic Monkeys? Whatever happened to that?

---------- Post added 22-01-2018 at 07:23 ----------

I know precisely what I make of it. It promotes James O’Hara, and the rest of his Sheffield corporate cronies who are trying to dominate and put their stamp all over it. To quote one of them ‘ we have our own people’.

https://ibb.co/hUJ9Ob

So why is it a bad thing if the oprganisers make money exactly? Would you prefer them to make a loss, and the event not happen again?

It's a product- if it provides a good experience, at a good price and people enjoy it, why on earth is it so wrong for it to make money?

So why is it a bad thing if the oprganisers make money exactly? Would you prefer them to make a loss, and the event not happen again?

It's a product- if it provides a good experience, at a good price and people enjoy it, why on earth is it so wrong for it to make money?

I've not gone into any great detail, so I could well be wrong, but from what I've gathered it local businesses that mainly will profit from the footfall, Tramlines itself makes losses this years event would probably clear last years losses.

Anyway I'm all for it :love:

I think the event has always 'flied close to the wind' in terms of its profitability yeah. Which makes it doubly odd that some people don't want the organisers to make a profit.