The parkrun thread

[quote name=

Looking at the results, seems like quite a fast field this week at Graves, due to the Striders invasion no doubt.[/quote]

I can only see the results from last weeks outing at Graves on the Park run website :(

Yeah, the times get posted on your personal record before they show on the 'results'. But , when you click on the last result in your sequence the days results pop up.

Winemiester - We could do with an opinion about 'Yorkshire tough'. Barnsley had a face-off with Roundhay which seemed that R'hay won. We are the toughest (sounds so much better than slowest ;-), in Sheff and Yorkshire? and, therefore it goes without saying, the world!

Got the results now and it seems I have a large enough gap to go AWOL to Graves for a jolly next Saturday although I do have the Moss valley madness 10k on the Sunday which I need to jog and not get carried away.

Anyone else doing the MVM 10k ?

Got the results now and it seems I have a large enough gap to go AWOL to Graves for a jolly next Saturday although I do have the Moss valley madness 10k on the Sunday which I need to jog and not get carried away.

Anyone else doing the MVM 10k ?

This Sunday, will be heading off to Filey for the 10k there. Next Sunday, GYR...

What's the MVM? Never heard of it, anywhere near Rother Valley?

Sheffield has over 700 runners for the second time

42 Concord - - - - - 33%+ achieve PBs

125 Graves - - - - - - Sheffield City Striders invade

59 Hillsborough - - - Smiley Pacer (F) = 1st finisher

23 Sheff Castle – - - JM14 = 1st finisher

472 Sheff Hallam – - - 3rd highest turnout , pushing to the 500

-----

721 Total

Be nice to get more at Sheffield Castle. I've done it a couple of times, and it's a good route with some nice views of the city. It's a 3 lapper, slightly hilly; but not as bad as Graves (my times are about 1:30 quicker than at Graves).

28-9-2013 = Attendances

Concord = 35

Graves = 87

Hillsborough = 64

Sheff Castle = 37

Sheff Hallam = 384

Total = 607

It looks like the colder weather effected numbers but it was an excellent day for pb's with 161 across the city. Including 100 at Sheff Hallam, 33% of eligible runners - I guess the new input of students are getting used to the course.

The Pirate

42% runners at hillsborough achieved PBs, 47% if you remove the unknown runners.