Grass Verge need cutting - Sheffield Council

Very slow cutting Grass Verge this year S6 area , some places 3ft high

Ive cut mine myself twice in last few week -I don't mind doing it .

But wondering if Sheffield council not bothering or is it cause they cut there work force -any other areas not done ??

I always cut the verge outside mine myself, takes 5 minutes if that and looks much better than having grass cuttings left behind. Sadly I'm the only one who can be arsed on my road.

Knee high around our way . They are not bothered now after the elections

I believe general guidance on verges is to cut them where there is a need for safety/visibility but to cut less often to allow a benefit for wildlife/plants and reduce pollution.

I believe general guidance on verges is to cut them where there is a need for safety/visibility but to cut less often to allow a benefit for wildlife/plants and reduce pollution.

Not that old chestnut , plants/ wildflowers . The verges round our way are full of the councils favourite letter D , Dandelions ,Docks and Detritus :rant:

Don't think I've ever heard so much sloblock!

Don't think I've ever heard so much sloblock!

The council actually believe that some people believe this :rant:

Very slow cutting Grass Verge this year S6 area , some places 3ft high.. -any other areas not done ??

Only just started around here at the top end of Norfolk Park but that's the bits around the flats and not the verges which are cut by a different department.. apparently! The bits they have done so far are also strewn with chopped up litter that should have been bagged before they started cutting.

The council actually believe that some people believe this :rant:

Yeah, gosh...damn those people and their checking of evidence getting in the way of a needless rant. And damn education for giving people the ability to find out things for themselves.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0301479716310556

Very slow cutting Grass Verge this year S6 area , some places 3ft high

Ive cut mine myself twice in last few week -I don't mind doing it .

But wondering if Sheffield council not bothering or is it cause they cut there work force -any other areas not done ??

In Stannington they have been out all last week and today cutting the grass verges. Trouble is they don’t seem to sweep up afterwards.

Been using a blower to clear up here but again today they have just been mowing over the litter so that is now strewn cut up all over the grass instead..sigh!

Knee high around our way . They are not bothered now after the elections

Do they elect the grasscutters these days?