Fly Tipping Problems

It will be interesting to see if there are prosecutions after this posting on the Thorpe Hesley and Scholes F/B page

"The disgusting humans who drive a big scruffy red van with the reg SKZ 2644 have dumped 3 separate loads of rubble, take away rubbish and hundreds of take away menus since 3pm Thursday."

The flyers of which there are considerable number relate to The Pizza House Tel

0114 243 6000

It will only happen if someone reports it.

Not sure if anyone from the council routinely scours social media for fly tipping!

It will be interesting to see if there are prosecutions after this posting on the Thorpe Hesley and Scholes F/B page

"The disgusting humans who drive a big scruffy red van with the reg SKZ 2644 have dumped 3 separate loads of rubble, take away rubbish and hundreds of take away menus since 3pm Thursday."

0114 243 6000

Just checked that number it’s for the Mama Mia Pizza on Upwell Street Sheffield.

Not rung just checked on’the Internet.

I’m in France at the moment otherwise I would report it.

You need to report to Council or Police. It’s an absolute scandal.

I worked with Barnsley Council to clear tons of roadside rubbish before Tour De Yorkshire.

Hope they’re named and shamed

---------- Post added 20-05-2018 at 16:12 ----------

Gimmers (whatever they are), dolers (I presume you mean those on JSA) and people who care about their environment find the time, yes. Everybody else just tutts and says why doesn't someone do something?

How often and when did you last do something about it, rather than type on here ?

0114 243 6000

Surely there is enough evidence there for a prosecution...

Surely there is enough evidence there for a prosecution...

Judging by messages above Criminel Justice Agencies aren’t interested

It has been reported to the police and council (I should have put this in my post)

How often and when did you last do something about it, rather than type on here ?

Day before yesterday and most Fridays plus, whenever I see fly tipping I report it.

Why, what do you do about it rather than type on here?

There is one major flaw in allowing commercial waste to be tipped on council tips, this is because much of it comes from ‘cash in hand’ cowboys, who would be sitting ducks for the cameras of the tax-man.

I’m not condoning tax evasion, but if the council wish to cut down on fly tipping, they must ban cameras in and around their tips.

Is this the reason so many council houses have got mattresses+chairs +cabinets etc.in their front garden? Do they save them up until its worth ringing for a free collection every 12 months?

I suspect so, I know we do, usually in the porch though but if its too big we have no other choice.

If there weren't so many restrictions at public tips. there wouldn't be a problem with fly tipping !

Just as a matter of interest how much does it cost for garages/tyre fitters to legitimately get rid of worn tyres.

Seems to be a popular item for dumping.The latest lot dumped in the car park at Loxley Common.

its about one pound per tyre, we often had vans pulling up offering to remove them but usually they had no licence or log book to fill in and we never used them but our tyre supplier took them and gave a receipt for them.

Edited by choogling

If there weren't so many restrictions at public tips. there wouldn't be a problem with fly tipping !

Not sure how true this is.

There are plenty of bins but some still throw their litter about.

Some just don’t care.

Edited by RJRB

Just used fixmystreet.com to report fly tipping on Swinton Street, between Chatham Street and Pitsmoor Road. I don't go that way very often. Could someone who does go that way let me know if Amey/Veolia/SCC do clean it up? Fixmystreet do ask if problems have been solved.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android