The Chinese Buffets in Sheffield thread- all discussion in here please

Jumbo is definatly the best, been going for years, friendly service lots of food pleanty of seafood on the evening menu and a great range of sweets. Worse one in Sheffield is the one on West street can't remember the name advertises over 100 selections, last time we were there there were only around 40 and the sweets are unreal, I dident know batenburg cake and lemon tarts were Chinese.

Flaming dragon is quite good for an out of town buffet but they dont have as big a selection as Jumbo but the extras are good they come around with carved beef and are always dropping extras on your table but at over a tenner its more expencive than Jumbo.

Jumbo is definatly the best, been going for years, friendly service lots of food pleanty of seafood on the evening menu and a great range of sweets. Worse one in Sheffield is the one on West street can't remember the name advertises over 100 selections, last time we were there there were only around 40 and the sweets are unreal, I dident know batenburg cake and lemon tarts were Chinese.

The one on west street was wokmania. which has been shut for a few months now.

i have been to no.1 oriental and didn't like their school dinning hall either and i totally agree with the people who said that :) but i think the standard of their food is acceptable in terms of a buffet place. moreover, i think they'd better serve more proper chinese dishes rather than sausage roll and pasta instead. who would want to come to a chinese restaurant to have sausage roll instead of crispy duck, come on ppl:suspect:

I've still not been to No1 - will get round to it one day I'm sure. But I can see the sausage roll thing - I know a good few folk who aren't fans of Chinese type food and if organising a group night out, having something available for them means it might be considered as a venue.

I thought Wokmania had been closed for months, when did it reopen?

It was still closed when I went past on Saturday. Hannah did post in May, so they may have been referring to before it shut down (wasn't that in around March/April?)

It's been shut since around then, yes.

10% discount at Kinaara Buffet with same day motorpoint arena ticket! (261 Staniforth Road, S9 3FP)