Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Mean Streets - 5/10 - Love Scorsese's films and this early effort has the right ingredients - good cast, his well placed music and a gangland setting unfortunately its not much of a spectacle, told in a cinema verite style it never really grabs the attention, much better was to follow

Mean Streets - 5/10 - Love Scorsese's films and this early effort has the right ingredients - good cast, his well placed music and a gangland setting unfortunately its not much of a spectacle, told in a cinema verite style it never really grabs the attention, much better was to follow

That film really disappointed me, considering De Niro and Keitel were in it, and who directed it. A real let down. I think it was a bit of self-indulgent nostalgia from Scorcese and De Niro, as they grew up together in the same neighbourhood

Children Of Men - 7.5/10 - Didn't really get this on first viewing years ago but really enjoyed it second time around, a great vision of a broken future England, very bleak but a very good film.

I last saw song of the south (1946) on VHS :)

10/10

Kill Bill Vol 2 - 8/10 - A totally different tone to the first film but still excellent.

Avengers: Infinity War - 7/10

Positives

- The film was entertaining IMO although to paraphrase someone in my screening, they thought it was a load of 'groot' so other opinions are available.

- For a film with so many characters they actually managed to more or less come up with something that gives most of the characters time (if somewhat short for most) to shine.

- If you want a CGI-fest spectacle then this is for you.

- Pitch black opening.

- Great ending.

- Thanos is a character with surprising pathos.

Negatives

- Only about a third of the jokes worked. Some tumbleweed.

- Suffers from the need to make everything BIGGER than anything that came before it. Half the characters should have died of their injuries.

- The single credits sequence is not worth the 10 minute wait. Watch it on Youtube instead.

I Saw the Devil 8/10

Really good Korean thriller/horror. A serial killer film with a twist.

I Saw the Devil 8/10

Really good Korean thriller/horror. A serial killer film with a twist.

I thought that was very good.

Avengers: Infinity Wars - 8/10 - The most hyped film of the year, I enjoyed it its a long film but flies by, after a dark opening the Guardians of the Galaxy appear for a humorous interlude and the movie barrels along from there.

Down and Out in Beverly Hills 8/10. This film captured a time and place perfectly.

I loved

in this movie! He was wonderful, just being himself. :)

7.5/10

Mr. Rogers "hosted" a long running children's show in the US. Don't know if they showed it outside the US. Probably they did. When our eldest was small, she loved this show and watched it every day. (Our youngest wouldn't sit still long enough to watch anything!) If we weren't home, we had to tape it for her. Fred Rogers seemed to be an extraordinary man and created something really special for generations of kids.

Train to Busan - not your usual Zombie flick, with pathos and a nice little twist.

Any Korean films/programmes to recommend on Netflix and Amazon Prime. I have bought The Assassin and yet to watch.

Train to Busan - not your usual Zombie flick, with pathos and a nice little twist.

Any Korean films/programmes to recommend on Netflix and Amazon Prime. I have bought The Assassin and yet to watch.

On Netflix:

- The Villianess

- The Wailing

- Pandora

- Okja

- Secret Reunion

- Joint Security Area

On Amazon Prime:

- Age Of Shadows

- The Merciless

- The Handmaiden

- I Saw The Devil

- Asura: The City Of Madness

- Bedevilled

- Seoul Station (animated prequel to Train To Busan)

- The Yellow Sea (although this isn't Prime but it's worth £2.50 to rent it)