Bought a phone now been blocked/barred

You better hand in the stolen goods.

All you have to do is ask the service provider to unblock it for you, should take no longer than a week and possibly free. Phones are normally blocked when people change contracts or providers.

They won't it's not network locked it's network blocked.

All you have to do is ask the service provider to unblock it for you, should take no longer than a week and possibly free. Phones are normally blocked when people change contracts or providers.

The IMEI number would have been blacklisted. Due to it been reported lost or stolen.

I would call it an expensive lesson learned.

Like that time I bought a car off a fella in the lay bye for cash and he said he would send me the log book and the spare key through the post.

He never did, the git.

Many thanks everyone is was my mistake not getting at least hand written receipt with name and address because obviously I never hade this issue, I have still got the copy of advert and all messages on my phone, was wondering if someone else had this issue and reported to any fraud investigation departments if seller claimed of insurance thats fraudulent claim,

Many thanks everyone is was my mistake not getting at least hand written receipt with name and address because obviously I never hade this issue, I have still got the copy of advert and all messages on my phone, was wondering if someone else had this issue and reported to any fraud investigation departments if seller claimed of insurance thats fraudulent claim,

Report it anyway although they probably wont investigate it. There are a few threads on this subject on SF. Its mostly what Geared and swede73 said.

Theres a register you can check to see if it was stolen.

Your first task is to identify the seller. If I knew who it was and you could link the phone to them, then I would sue. You dont have a receipt though plus they cna deny it. Did you just pay cash?

Probably not stolen as such it probably the person got it on contract took insurance out on it

Sold it you for a few hundred quid then reports it stolen are lost network then the network provider blocks the phones Imei number then the person gets sent another brand new phone and keeps your money and you end up with a phone that's worth nothing except for parts

The IMEI isn't blocked in all countries, places like the middle east, africa, asia don't share the blocked database so the phones will work there.