The Broadfield Ale House

Been in 3 times now, the drinks are oj the pricey side, but it is a nice place be better when it quitens down in Jan as its hard to get served. Big improvement on the old broafie anyway

we walked past on Thursday night, and they had two bouncers on the door, what's that all about !!!

we walked past on Thursday night, and they had two bouncers on the door, what's that all about !!!

I think they were there to keep the old regulars away. I don't think they are there for good.

We went Wednesday night and loved it.

Really nice atmosphere, good background music, its been refurbished and is unrecognisable from the old place.

Went back on Thursday and didnt like it as much - far too busy with not enough staff, and the atmosphere no where near as nice. But - most people will have been breaking up for work, so everywhere is busy i guess.

Also the door near where we sat didnt work (to go out the back), but we had people almost smashing through it trying to get out every 10mins...could have done with a sign on it.

The wine is a little pricy £5.60 for a large Pinot Grigo - which for a local I think is a little steep. I'd like to see a better selection of Rose wines, as think there was only a Merlot by the glass. My husband was happy with the large choice of beers.

Where we live its between the Millhouses and here as my local (nicer pub) of choice - and The Broadfield wins hansdown for me.

No, try The Alehouse! Your husband will be even happier and less trouble getting served!!!

... There are, of course, a few negatives; the staff don't seem to intervene when there are ill - mannered children running about the place ....

Thanks

Was going to try it, know not to bother now.

Has anyone tried the food in there yet then? i quite liked the old broadfield, with their band nights etc do they still have anything like that does anyone know? :)

Thanks

Was going to try it, know not to bother now.

Really?

There have only ever been kids in there once out of all the times I have been in there. It has been open for only a week, using that as an excuse is pretty poor.

Has anyone tried the food in there yet then? i quite liked the old broadfield, with their band nights etc do they still have anything like that does anyone know? :)

Don't think they have live music anymore :(

But I have been for food once, was really good, had the roast half chicken. Was only £6.75 and was perfectly done and well seasoned, huge portions for the price too.

They let well beheaved dogs in, was a dog chillin in there yesterday

not a hot dog in sight then?

33 posts in - plenty of people saying it's good - but no-one so far can actually tell us what beer they have on hand pump? Which kind of tells me that the comments so far are not from those who value their real ale - and therefore it probably doesn't have many/any real ales. If different, do let us know because I'd be attracted to the place only if it had good real ale on handpump.

BTW - £5.60 for a large glass of wine doesn't seem unreasonable to me. It's about normal I'd say. I suppose it depends what kind of pubs you normally buy drinks in - but large is usually 250ml - that's one-third of a bottle of wine. So I'd say that's about par for the course - providing the wine is "decent".

I did wonder why they had 2 bouncers on during opening night too ..

I think it was to stop the old regulars getting in .. after all those

bohemian hippy studenty intellectual arty left wing poor types are at odds with the new image of slick expensive gastro rich trendy continental expensive bottle beers and posh food ..

I did wonder why they had 2 bouncers on during opening night too ..

I think it was to stop the old regulars getting in .. after all those

bohemian hippy studenty intellectual arty left wing poor types are at odds with the new image of slick expensive gastro rich trendy continental expensive bottle beers and posh food ..

You mirror my sentiments,after being a regular for 20yrs I can fully understand they had to do something else it would be gone and judging by the amount of people it has been attracting since opening they know which formula to use to attract a certain clientele .It definately is no longer a local in the truest sense but thankfully The White Lion still is and hopefully shall remain so but good luck anyhow thanks for the memories:|