Pubs in Sheffield shutting down

2 pubs recently reopened the beeley wood 5 weeks ago and the meadow both belong to greg both doing well.

Caz

Heard that The Turnbull at Stannington has shut recently

ive also been told the deerstalker at stannington has also shut down.

I dont know how long it has been closed but The Cannon in town is closed.

Wasnt excatlly a welcoming pub though

Crown and glove might be the next, run by the GO LIGHTLYS!

Heard that The Turnbull at Stannington has shut recently

No such pub in Stannington, but yes, the dump on the Liberty has.:)

No such pub in Stannington, but yes, the dump on Deer Park has.:)

No such pub in Stannington, but yes, the dump on Deer Park has.:)

Ive just ben looking at your comments Darkoak, relating to The Deerstalker in Stannington. I can infact asure you that it has NOT closed down and I know this to be a fact.

I know this because a close friend of mine has recently Taken on the Lease and is soon to be the Tennant.

I would now like to ask you a couple of questions if I may, that will hopefully clear up the reasoning behind your statement's?

Firstly..Have you actualy been in The Deerstalker during the last 12 Months, so as to qualify you to make such a coment?

Secondly..If you dont consider The Deerstalker to be located in Stannington (Which indicates to me that you actualy live higher up in the Village of Stannington, forgive me if I am wrong?), then where is The Deerstalker actualy located, in your opinion?

SheffieldS6

Ive just ben looking at your comments Darkoak, relating to The Deerstalker in Stannington. I can infact asure you that it has NOT closed down and I know this to be a fact.

I know this because a close friend of mine has recently Taken on the Lease and is soon to be the Tennant.

I would now like to ask you a couple of questions if I may, that will hopefully clear up the reasoning behind your statement's?

Firstly..Have you actualy been in The Deerstalker during the last 12 Months, so as to qualify you to make such a coment?

Secondly..If you dont consider The Deerstalker to be located in Stannington (Which indicates to me that you actualy live higher up in the Village of Stannington, forgive me if I am wrong?), then where is The Deerstalker actualy located, in your opinion?

SheffieldS6

My apologies for assuming it had closed. I based it on the fact that regularly on my way past on the bus, I'd never seen anybody in it. Good luck to your mate btw.

In my opinion (and we are all entitled to one), the pub is at Deer Park.

My apologies for assuming it had closed. I based it on the fact that regularly on my way past on the bus, I'd never seen anybody in it. Good luck to your mate btw.

In my opinion (and we are all entitled to one), the pub is at Deer Park.

Thank you for your reply Darkoak and for wishing my friend well, I appreciate your kind words.

I was just a little distressed is all, to think that people might think that The Deerstalker is closed, as things are difficult enough there to try and earn a crust....and believe me it is a crust.

It is a crying shame how these Brewery run Pubs are being ground in to bankruptcy by the Breweries themselves. They are literaly killing off the Goose that lays the Golden Egg, where is the sense in it?

The sad thing is.... there is always a long line of people willing to use thier hard earned savings to try and make a go of it with a dream of bettering their standard of living and this is due to the current economic climate.

I know that Punch, one of the U.K's largest Pub companys, has just sold off over 120 of thier Pubs to a smaller Pub company (Admiral) as a result of their greed, which has forced their hard working Tennants to declare bankruptcy and leave.

You only need look as far as The HollyBush for proof of that!

The streets are littered with vacant Pubs and the ones that are still open are forced to sell over priced, substandard beer and Lager.

Even the standard dross such as Carling and Stones costs the Tennants twice the wholesale price that they could get the Beer for from a Cash and Carry. The problem is they have no choice but to pay that disgusting price, as they are tied in to the Brewery for 99.5% of their "wet" stock.

I'm only 34 but even I can see that long gone are the local community Pubs where the whole Family can visit and enjoy a quality drink and a nice Bar Meal and relax in friendly wholesome surroundings.

The Deerstalker is actualy earning approx quarter of a Million Pounds a Year Gross profit, believe it or not, yet my friend who will be running it will be lucky to see £15,000 in wages for himself per Year....really lucky!

This is a disgrace and it is no wonder that the Pub's and Bars become run down in appearance very quickly and there is a constant change in Pub Management and Tennants.

Once the smoking ban comes in this will place even more pressure on the Landlords..... but the Breweries have made it clear that they will only build an outdoor smoking shelter for the Pub, on the provision that the Rent is increased to a degree that will reflect the work carried out.

I really can't see Public Houses existing in another 10 or 20 Years.

We really do need to get behind our Local Landlords and support them to the best of our ability!

I would even go as far as to say support them but attempt to lay down provisions to the Breweries via petition stating that they will loose us as customers if they dont bring down their prices and increase the quality of Beer and Lager available.

I'm afraid it looks like were now stuck with a use it or loose it situation...but at the end of the day who wants to frequent a Public House that charges extorshionate prices for sub-quality beverages.

Kindest regards Darkoak and to all who read this post.

SheffieldS6 ;)

Up Date on close ed pubs Sportsman Norton lees Plough Sandygate

God can not think off any more on a good note Bradway is openin soon and the EARL is back open after shutin for a few weeks any more u lot

Yeah the owners of the Earl sold up and moved to Oz with their little girl. They were getting screwed by the fire people and were going to have to fork out too much to get the roof done to standards, so they sold up.

The new guy - Rob I think? - is apparently thinking about making use of the upstairs space and possibly opening a gym up there.