Sheffield Ghost Stories & Sightings

Hauntings, Ghost's, Poltergeist , hahaha, you people watch far too much TV.

Originally posted by Nu_Skillz

Hauntings, Ghost's, Poltergeist , hahaha, you people watch far too much TV.

:thumbsup: Don't need to watch TV Nu_Skillz our group investigates this stuff for real ;)

i have had 4 expiriences with the strange in my life time, the first being when i was 4 years old

my mum and older sister (8) were downstairs watching TV

i had just been put to bed, and at that time me and my sister shared the same room, my sisters bed was next to the window and mine accross the room near the door.

i remember laying in bed and looking accross the room over my sisters bed and out the window.

my sisters bed sheet suddenly rose to the ceiling as if someone had pinched it in the middle and lifted it

then it just dropped back on the bed,

i flew out of bed and ran down stairs crying as i was so scared

my mum said i was just imagining things and she

calmed me down and took me back upstairs to bed

and there was the sheet, all messed up as it was after it had been dropped, spookey!!

the 2nd time i was 6 years old,

and because i have such a gr8 mum, she used to let me stay up late at night and watch the horror movies with her, and on this particular night the movie was a real scary 1, (some old frankinstein movie), and when id gone to bed i remember gazing at my door in darkness, just a faint orange glow gomming through the window from a street light outside

and i saw a silouette/shadow of a tall man that appered to be trying to open the door (turning the knob), i was so scared i couldent move any part of my body, it seemed to last about 5min and i cant remember anything after that,

other than waking up in the morning and telling my mum what id seen, she told me i must have just had a bad dream/nightmare.

im still not sure to this day if it was a dream

i have not had a dream/nightmare as vivid as that 1 ever since,

it still freaks me out to this day.

one evening i was just cleaning out some brushes/rollers after doing a little decorating.

i was running the tap to fill a piant tub with water so i could soak some brushes while the tub was filling up, i ran upstairs to toilet to take a leak.

when id done and gone back downstairs to finish of the bushes, the tap had been turned off already at the point where the water was right to the brim of the tub, there was noone but me in the house, and when i went to use the tap again i had to use a little strenght to turn it as it was very tight.

how wiered is that?

i have also had a spooky expirience with a ouiji board, where the glass started moving in a circular fassion arround the board.

there were 5 of us and all had contact with the glass,

i thought it was just one of the others pushing it arround, then it just kept getting faster and faster untill the point where we couldent keep contact with it anymore, i was the last one to loose contact, at wich point the glass carried on circling the board for another 3 or 4 full circles before shooting to the edge of the board and coming to a stop.

it freaked us out so much we we never did it again after that.

it would be nice to come along to one of your investigations sometime, would be interesting to see how you go about detecting such things as ghosts and how you decide wether it is a ghost or just some old boiler pipe banging occasionally:)

is it me or does the last post look suspiciously like a cut and paste job....?

Originally posted by Nu_Skillz

it would be nice to come along to one of your investigations sometime, would be interesting to see how you go about detecting such things as ghosts and how you decide wether it is a ghost or just some old boiler pipe banging occasionally:)

Or, indeed, in the case of some of the women who believe in all this sh**te, "just some old boiler banging on incessantly" :)

Quote: Spook

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

is it me or does the last post look suspiciously like a cut and paste job....?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

what are you trying to imply Spook?

i will have thee know that post took me some time,

cut 'n' paste, pfft, u cheaky sod

and i can assure you that all this is genuine and has happend to me.

If you have a property or location that you would like us to investigate then please get in touch with Rotherham-ghosts, we may be able to help.

Originally posted by Warreng

hey jenhoppy, which retail outlet on Queens road are you saying is haunted?

Ooooh dont know if i should divulge this sort of info....!ha ha

Why do you work in one of the outlets Warreng?

I know everyone's talking about different areas of Sheffield being haunted but did anyone ever experience anything supernatural when they were at school?

I went to a large school in Sheffield, I wont say which one but it had a long corridor leading from the foyer to the classrooms. Alongside the corridor were the changing rooms, boys at one end and girls at the other. On many occasions I felt a presence following me as i walked through it. Usually when i was alone or when it was assembly and there was no-one else there i would hear breathing or even worse footsteps that seemed to run up behind me and then stop.

I'd walk to the end of the corridor praying that it wouldn't show itself and once through the door at the end i'd run really fast to the classroom.

Guest teebee

althought i never saw anything while i was there, the school i went too was supposed to have the ghost of a white lady that haunted the sixth form centre, i think it was a white lady but its a few years ago and the memory is not as good as what it was..

The Castle House co-op is supposedly haunted by the ghost of the young boy who fell to his death from the stairs. Also the mother of the boy is also supposed to haunt the staff toilets. I work there and I've never seen anything although many others claim to have.

A young boy's face was seen in the screen of the freezer although the shop was closed. Another young boy was seen zooming through the closed warehouse on a bike and rode straight through the wall. The guy who saw this was in tears when he reported it so maybe it's true.

It does sometimes get cold in various places too (not near the freezer obviously ;) ) so maybe it would be great if you could check it out and exercise the ghosts!

Afterall, a young child and his mother haunting a supermarket for eternity - can't be much fun. :(

But saying that I don't think the managment would let you. Ah well ...

Originally posted by Rusted Root

Another young boy was seen zooming through the closed warehouse on a bike and rode straight through the wall. ........... so maybe it would be great if you could check it out and exercise the ghosts!

Looks like the kid on the bike gets enough 'exercise':thumbsup: