Q Park Castle Gate

My wife and I go to the Moor Market once a month for our monthly supply of fresh meat

from our butcher, then into the Poundland, Sainsbury's and Boots.

If anyone knows of a carpark whether it be an indoor one or outdoor one that is close by to this area, reasonably priced and you can pay by coins, it would be appreciated it you would let me know, has we don't really fancy taking the bus - but, if this is what's required in having to avoid paying extortionate prices to park our car for a couple of hours or so, then we will be taking the bus.

I see. You are parking a mile away from where you need to be then and the suggestion of the car park next to the market, and the charity car park, are good ones. You can also get an hour free in the Staples car park if you are light on your feet, or park in Waitrose for a few hours for free and nip through the underpass to the bottom of the Moor..

There is a car park right next to the market, which is £3 for 2 hours, I think.

Or you can park on street across Eyre Street in many of the back roads there.

Or, you could be naughty and park in Waitrose, or Decathlon, or Wickes and walk over to the Moor from there.

There is a car park right next to the market, which is £3 for 2 hours, I think.

Or you can park on street across Eyre Street in many of the back roads there.

Or, you could be naughty and park in Waitrose, or Decathlon, or Wickes and walk over to the Moor from there.

Decathlon have started charging, even for customers. They reimburse the pound the customer has paid once at the till inside when you show them your ticket.

Wicker used to have a parking attendant on

I’ve used the Waitrose car park when I’m down that end of the city; customers get two hours free (so make sure you pop in, buy summat and keep the receipt.

They have a security guard patrolling the car park, but I don’t know if he is there to ticket overstaying vehicles or to stop the beggars in the underpass from TWOCing goods

So where are these “empty” car parks then?

The biggest one is where the old fire station was followed by a few smaller ones round there. Never had a issue parking there even at peak time.

Not 100% sure but i am sure that the Moor Market and a few of the bigger stores (Debenhams, Atkinsons) etc offer a discount against the carparking if you can prove a purchase in the store/market. I am almost positive the help desk in the market has a form of scanner on the counter for this purpose

Saturday 10th March 2018, went with my wife food shopping in the city centre and as usual

parked our car in the Q Park at the bottom of Dixon Lane.

On entering, saw notices had been put up stating: Payment by card only

That in itself is bad enough - what happens if you have entered the carpark and forgot to take your credit/debit card with you, there's no attendant on duty........you can't get out !

My wife and I go in town once a month and always park in this carpark - although it goes through me to do so, has we find the cost of parking there increases Every Month.

On the 10th March, when we came to pay at the machine with our card, whereas last month it was £6.00 for up to 3hrs parking, it was now £7.00.

I hate using the bus, but will be doing so in future......a lot cheaper.

Dont park in the Q Park at all. There is the NCP across the road which is 50p an hour (so £1.50 for 3 hours) up to a max of £4 for the day or the victoria quays which is £3 all day across the road. both are less than 2 min away from the Q Park.

Dont park in the Q Park at all. There is the NCP across the road which is 50p an hour (so £1.50 for 3 hours) up to a max of £4 for the day or the victoria quays which is £3 all day across the road. both are less than 2 min away from the Q Park.

Given the shops he is visiting its silly he is parking that side of town anyway, there are some much better suggestions already.

The biggest one is where the old fire station was followed by a few smaller ones round there. Never had a issue parking there even at peak time.

That bigger one is Wellington St, the others nearby are Carver St, Rockingham St and Carver Lane.

They are all busy and are full on occasion, I've seen vehicles circulating looking for a space in Wellington St at busy periods.

Yes, you can normally find a space in them, a prudent car park operator normally pitches their prices so that they have a peak occupancy of around 80%, so the car park is busy, but not full.

There's a big difference in being able to find a space in a well used car park (as these are) and the car park being empty. They are certainly not empty.

I tried this out yesterday, in a fit of social responsibility (and in search of nice fish) :)

It costs £1 for one hour, or £2 for an hour and a half to park at Decathlon. It takes less than two minutes to walk from Decathlon to the market. If you need more time, there is the charity car park next to the Decathlon one, I don’t know how much that costs though.

Edited by Naive

On the Moor Markets Faceache page.

Did you know if you park in the Eyre Street car park and shop in the Moor market you can get discounted parking rates? Stay up to 3 hours, do some shopping, have some lunch and pay just £3.50 rather than £6. Don't forget to validate your token at the customer service desk inside The Moor Market Sheffield before you leave. See you soon!