Can anyone help me with CCTV footage from a break in

As per the title

Someone attempted to break in my garage 2 nights ago. I have them on CCTV but its an older style box with no USB connector to rip the footage from. It has HDMI PC and regular Video Out to view it from but I need to rip a copy to CD or USB to hand to the Police.

All I can do currently is video it from my monitor with an iPhone which obviously loses quality so I want to get a proper digital copy.

I live S10 so anyone local able to help me.

PM me.

Are you sure ? I find it strange it has an hdmi output but no USB ! What make and model is it ?

H.VIEW H.264 NETWORK DVR

Ahh. it does. under the mouse plug in.... silly me lol

H.VIEW H.264 NETWORK DVR

Ahh. it does. under the mouse plug in.... silly me lol

If your DVR outputs recordings in different files types (mine does AVI and H264) make sure you output both onto the usb stick. Ive had experience with giving the police recordings and its better to be safe than sorry.

A 2nd attempted break in at my garage early hours of Tuesday morning by some young scum. (First break in was successful) Don't think its the same guys based on a few factors but either way they need catching.

I have set up a youtube channel for the video and would like to carry on the channel sharing other peoples CCTV break ins from Sheffield to help catch this type of scum and see if we can't as a community clean up some of this from our city.

Link to my video on youtube. Its on Facebook locally thru friends in Sheffield now. Further work to be done in local shops etc.

Please post and share it on your Facebook etc to see if anyone recognises them.

The video is 59seconds of the best bits, total length before they spotted the camera and moved it was 3 mins. The car at the start was them going down the street and turning round to park one street up ready to bolt.

Police have been and taken still shots of the video to circulate. I expect nothing but best case is they are local lads who get run out of town for been filth.

Do you recognise these scrotes? if so reply with info or call South Yorkshire Police on 101 Crime Ref: K/117215/2017.

Just as a further point, in case anyone has the type of CCTV box which only records in .drv file format. When you rip/download the footage file to stick or hard disk (if on-line) make sure you put it (to isolate it) in a separate folder, as it will freeze up your computer if not, as the computer thinks it is a driver file.

For some reason someone designing these boxes' software decided to make them produce .drv suffixed files, God alone knows why. Can anyone tell me why?

This makes it very awkward to supply the police with the footage they request constantly from me. Instead they come and record it on their mobile phones instead. Quickest way to get them into my bedroom :hihi: