Dash cam question

Any one using the front and rear recording dash cam.

Angel1.

I think it can work out quite expensive, you need OBD cable, etc

Any one using the front and rear recording dash cam.

Angel1.

May I ask how that works with one cam?

May I ask how that works with one cam?

Some dash cams have two lenses. One facing out and one facing in.

Yes but how does it see out the back.

The back of where?

A car or motorcycle.

I already explained that a few posts ago.

A lot of people leave dashcams in the vehicle all the time as they have sensors on them so if the vehicle gets bumped, say in a car park, the camera immediately starts recording.

A lot of people leave dashcams in the vehicle all the time as they have sensors on them so if the vehicle gets bumped, say in a car park, the camera immediately starts recording.

I think my dash cam does this. The only problem I see is most dash cams point forwards, so if you get a knock on the rear or side the camera info is of little use.

Angel1

---------- Post added 05-09-2017 at 19:53 ----------

Yes but how does it see out the back.

A quick google brings up this,

ABOUT THIS PRODUCT

Be assured of all round protection on the road with the Nextbase Duo which features 2 lenses recording at excellent quality. The first lens is designed to view out of the front of the vehicle with a 140 wide angle lens. The second camera has a 50m zoom lens and looks back through your rear windscreen to capture detail of the cars behind you. It has inbuilt GPS to record speed and location and built-in G sensor to record any impacts or sudden course change so that accidents are protected on the memory card.

2 lenses, recording forwards and backwards simultaneously at 720p hd, offering you all round protection on the road.

Hope this assists you to understand how they work.

Angel1.

I previously wouldn't have even thought about these, but the standard of driving I've seen lately is awful, and I'm starting to feel it could turn out to be useful in the long run. £150 or so could save me thousands later potentially if there's a dispute on an accident etc.

My question would be whether people leave their camera in at night? Isn't that an easy target for a thief? They could break in, steal the camera and sell it, in the same way people used to steal sat navs. I suspect they make them with mounts etc, so that even when hard wired in, you can take them out?

Any advice on that issue appreciated :)

I previously wouldn't have even thought about these, but the standard of driving I've seen lately is awful, and I'm starting to feel it could turn out to be useful in the long run. £150 or so could save me thousands later potentially if there's a dispute on an accident etc.

My question would be whether people leave their camera in at night? Isn't that an easy target for a thief? They could break in, steal the camera and sell it, in the same way people used to steal sat navs. I suspect they make them with mounts etc, so that even when hard wired in, you can take them out?

Any advice on that issue appreciated :)

get a mobious camera full hd recording auto start auto stop motion detection small enough to be left in car without theives seeing it and can be bought for 40 quid second hand of ebay

http://www.carcamerashop.co.uk/mobius-action-camera-dash-cam-version.html