Sign in to follow this  

Nick Margerrison on Hallam FM

didnt know a djs job was to **** off everyone who listens, i thought they were supposed to entertain

Come on guys and gals. The guy is only playing devil's advocate. You will find that it is a fresh format for the radio medium. If you have ever listened to Talk Sport - it has prided itself from day 1, by going 'against the grain'. How boring would radio be if the presenter only ever agreed with the views of the listener. I believe that some of the topics discussed on his show, tend to appeal to the 'tabloid' listener and fail to achieve a great deal of sense. But in saying that, while i recognise that he may **** people off, his being controversial will only promote Hallam FM. If it gets you talking about it, great promotion. You might even want to listen to his show now to realise how annoying he can be with listeners.

Don't take it seriously, i am sure the guy is sound and doesnt believe half the things that he says he does on the airwaves.

BTW, seeing as you lot have regular net access, if you are bored with that show; try listening to Late Night Love which airs on many other regional stations. For our region though, you will have to listen on the internet. Its a good show and alongside the Radio 1 sunday surgery, after listening it will either help you to feel better about your life / or reassess what things are really important!!!

Originally posted by chalicefc3

...If you have ever listened to Talk Sport...

That's what I forgot to mention!

Yeah, I used to listen to that a lot. Tommy Boyd and his Human Zoo...

BTW, seeing as you lot have regular net access, if you are bored with that show; try listening to Late Night Love which airs on many other regional stations. For our region though, you will have to listen on the internet. Its a good show and alongside the Radio 1 sunday surgery, after listening it will either help you to feel better about your life / or reassess what things are really important!!!

After listening to that rubbish, you'll be glad we've got Nick's phone-in on Hallam FM...

There's always Scottie McClue over on Magic AM :P

Well, I have the Hallam FM phone-in number listed as 'A' in my mobile's address book, so I can speed-dial it as soon as I need to :D!!!

Come on guys and gals. The guy is only playing devil's advocate. You will find that it is a fresh format for the radio medium. If you have ever listened to Talk Sport - it has prided itself from day 1, by going 'against the grain'. How boring would radio be if the presenter only ever agreed with the views of the listener. I believe that some of the topics discussed on his show, tend to appeal to the 'tabloid' listener and fail to achieve a great deal of sense. But in saying that, while i recognise that he may **** people off, his being controversial will only promote Hallam FM. If it gets you talking about it, great promotion. You might even want to listen to his show now to realise how annoying he can be with listeners.

Don't take it seriously, i am sure the guy is sound and doesnt believe half the things that he says he does on the airwaves.

As stated in my original post, I know he's doing it purely to boost his listening figures. However, I think this is a short term fix as people will soon get bored of hearing this low form of entertainment.

Originally posted by Andy

There's always Scottie McClue over on Magic AM :P

:o :o :o

Seriously!

What times? everyday!?!

Scottie McClue is on Magic AM on Sunday - Thursday nights. The show starts at 10pm.

You lot are talking a load of crap!!!! Nick At Night is brilliant. It's not Nick thats a stupid arrogent nob thats up his own rear it's you lot. If you lot had any brains and you actually LISTEN to what he's saying you'll find that he is making alot of sense. The night show has never been better since Nick took over it. He's brill Hallam Fm's brill. So stop complaining about it.

Love, HallamFmFan xxxxx

P.S Nick if you're reading this keep up the good work

:thumbsup: and ignore these tits cos they don't know what they're on about

LONG LIVE THE NICKLARSE!!!!!!!!!! :D

Local radio is complete nadgers these days after 6pm. Radio 5 is good after 10 most nights, so long as Dolon Abiayo (?) isn't talking about his huge black love-length!

Whatever happened to James H Reeve?