Blades ownership update

I thought McCabe only spent a small amount of time in the UK each year. I also believe he is a Blade.

That's unreal really. Fancy owning a football club and supporting someone else. Each to their own I suppose. I always thought he supported utd though.

Nobody said he supported Manchester United. He's a property developer. If he has a box at Old Trafford it's probably for entertaining clients that might not be quite as impressed with a trip to the lane and championship football.

Nobody said he supported Manchester United. He's a property developer. If he has a box at Old Trafford it's probably for entertaining clients that might not be quite as impressed with a trip to the lane and championship football.

Jim, what about Leppings Lane ? There is a chip shop on there and some sort of Championship football within the vicinity.

Jim, what about Leppings Lane ? There is a chip shop on there and some sort of Championship football within the vicinity.

I can't see McCabe giving up his box at Old Trafford to meet clients there.

He tried to offload utd when they still had colin in charge,I did some work up in the north east during that one prem season they bleat on about,and he sent out a circular to prospective foreign investors

He tried to offload utd when they still had colin in charge,I did some work up in the north east during that one prem season they bleat on about,and he sent out a circular to prospective foreign investors

You mean the one Prem season that you still can't get back to?

You mean the one Prem season that you still can't get back to?

What about that one season in the lowest level of English football that we'll never do,?;)

What about that one season in the lowest level of English football that we'll never do,?;)

Never say never.

SUFC joint owners ,one a member of the Saudi Royal family and the other a Yorkshire property developer are to fight it out in court over who actually owns the club ,report on tonight news .

(No, it's a not a football-themed thread)

BBC News today reports https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-44768207 the complex proceedings at Court. It seems that:

a. Kevin McCabe and family own Sheffield United Ltd (SUL);

b. Prince Abdullah owns UTB LLC;

c. SUL and UTB each own 50% of Blades Leisure Ltd (BLL):

d. BLL owns The Sheffield United Football Club Ltd (SUFC); and

e. UTB invested £10m in SUFC when buying 50% of BLL.

But the two principals have fallen-out: hence the proceedings. It's all bad publicity, isn't it.

It's bad for the club because neither side will spend money on players until it's sorted out, without investment in the team there is a possibility of relegation.

How long Wilder is willing to sit by without support or spending money is another pertinent question.

(No, it's a not a football-themed thread)

BBC News today reports https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-44768207 the complex proceedings at Court. It seems that:

a. Kevin McCabe and family own Sheffield United Ltd (SUL);

b. Prince Abdullah owns UTB LLC;

c. SUL and UTB each own 50% of Blades Leisure Ltd (BLL):

d. BLL owns The Sheffield United Football Club Ltd (SUFC); and

e. UTB invested £10m in SUFC when buying 50% of BLL.

But the two principals have fallen-out: hence the proceedings. It's all bad publicity, isn't it.

What a tangled mess.