"City Hearts" charity (Hope City Church) investigation

https://www.channel4.com/news/exclusive-investigation-uncovers-alleged-homophobia-and-untrained-staff-at-government-funded-charity

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/you-have-the-devil-in-you-sheffield-charity-probed-over-homophobia-claims-1-9063950

"A Sheffield charity is being investigated over allegations that staff were homophobic towards victims of human trafficking who they were supposed to be helping."

Hope City Church is a IMHO (and experience) a deeply toxic organisation, not just to LGBT people, and I think this is the tip of the iceberg.

I'd be very interested to speak with other people they have hurt down the years.

Absolutely - there were survivors of trafficking and modern slavery, and they seem to have been put in a situation almost as controlling.

As you point out, City Hearts is inextricably linked with Hope City Church, whose Wikipedia page has a sizable section on past controversies - deceit, abuse and concerning financial tactics, making this seem all the more inevitable.

...I think this is the tip of the iceberg.

Indeed - I've know one of the people interviewed, and I understand a lot more was done and said than has so far been reported.

Edited by Ben Swithen

I'd be very interested to speak with other people they have hurt down the years.

I was going to PM you with some details but I've not had enough posts to do so (need 5) if you send me your email in a PM I can email you some details about the church though it might be pretty dated but I'm uncomfortable with putting it in a public space.

Edited by heh-faar