How do i rent a council property?

this is a little C + P from SCC info on the subject.

Along with your application form, applicants are required to provide 2 forms of identification (ID) and a reference when applying to join the Housing Register. For further information on providing ID and a reference, please see the guidance here. In short, you will need to provide:

One form of ‘primary’ ID for the applicant (and joint applicant). If this does not include a photograph, for example a birth certificate, we will also require a passport style photograph.

Proof of address for the applicant (and joint applicant).

Proof of child benefit for all children aged 16 or under who are named on the application. This should be your most recent child benefit award letter.

A reference from a suitable person using the Sheffield City Council reference template. This will usually be your current or most recent landlord.

---------- Post added 14-01-2018 at 10:51 ----------

define "ordinary people"

definition

there are no such people, every body is different to anybody els, but every body is a person and as such we are all the same,

ALL above seems pretty much correct as a tara sec only last week I had a chap tell me he got a great property on 1st come basis as know one wanted it because the last person died of natural causes in bed,and although it may seem hard if it suits you then take it,i live at lowedges and its not a bad place to live and has improved in the last ten years and now only has a average crime rate,but its 6 miles from town,so think about travel ect for your own needs,good luck

the days when "ordinary" people can get social housing are gone.

[/color]

definition

there are no such people, every body is different to anybody els, but every body is a person and as such we are all the same,

So again why make the idiotic comment?

So again why make the idiotic comment?

Explain your post, it does not make sense,

Explain your post, it does not make sense,

:rolleyes:what do you mean by your comment

the days when "ordinary" people can get social housing are gone
i dont think i can be any clearer

:rolleyes:what do you mean by your comment

i dont think i can be any clearer

I do, i think you could be alot clearer

maybe you could bring this into your post when you write it.

C + P

In Sheffield, 170 miles north, Richard meets some of the people who are sitting on the country's longest waiting list for social housing

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/panorama/2011/05/council_houses_cheats_and_vict.html

Edited by kidley

[/b]

C + P

In Sheffield, 170 miles north, Richard meets some of the people who are sitting on the country's longest waiting list for social housing

so you cant explain what you mean by ordinary people.

also the report is misleading and now 7 years old but hey you carry on posting nonsense

[/b]

C + P

Many social housing providers don't accept anyone onto their register/waiting list unless they 'need' housing in the near future. Sheffield lets anyone register who is eligible for social housing. Most never place a bid for a property, so the report about the 'longest' waiting list doesn't show the real picture if compared properly to London boroughs for example. If those properties that 'no one wants' were advertised in some other cities, they'd be snapped up immediately.

so you cant explain what you mean by ordinary people.

also the report is misleading and now 7 years old but hey you carry on posting nonsense

My Bold

Ordinary people in the context of this thread.a person who is in full health mentally and physically.

Have you any idea how long such a person would have to wait for a decent accommodation (not one that nobody wants} on the SCC housing register

Stop the discussion about who/what might be 'ordinary people', please.

The thread concerns " How do i rent a Council property?" only.