Sheffield Wednesday v Sheffield United 24/09/17 - The Big One

during mi radio show (while the match was on) mi mate, whos a cockney, and a west ham fan, who was watching the fan as a neutral said at the end it was like theyd just won the champions league lol

We'd have done the same,thats what it means to us Sheffielders.

Seems like united players got a nice welcome on the way in at Hillsboro today. At the players entrance ,looks like the blades players had the last laugh ,what a bunch of sad little boys you owls are to abuse any player like that still the points came to the lane

Edited by lien1

hate to say we told you so wednesday underestimated us today

---------- Post added 24-09-2017 at 19:46 ----------

I said it before the start of the season, Carvalho will be sacked before Xmas.

Quite surprised in SUFC's first few weeks in the division.. I think they'll still be in the bottom half in May

no chance under esimate us at your peril

Owls were dire, terrible display. FairPlay to wilder and utd, they deserved and got the points, pretty easy though wasn't it.

during mi radio show (while the match was on) mi mate, whos a cockney, and a west ham fan, who was watching the fan as a neutral said at the end it was like theyd just won the champions league lol

The Champions league or the Championship- two different things- and the last time West Ham United won anything was....?

---------- Post added 24-09-2017 at 18:54 ----------

Outfought, outplayed. Best team won, could have been six. DC has a big decision to make. I think he'll stick with Carlos but if he decides to make a change he must appoint either a motivator or a wheeler dealer, FFP sees to that and we don't know if DC would want to chuck any more millions at it anyway.

Very disappointed today but not altogether surprised to see the underdogs triumph, what's new in a Sheffield derby?

Just glad I don't have to put on a brave face tomorrow morning at work anymore but sorry for the thousands that will. :)

Yes Jim, the Blades giving it to us at our ground (no complaints, they were better), a bit like in the early 60's when Derek Pace came up with two goals (against Peter Swan) and a young Alan Birchenall with a brace against (I think) Vic Mobley, De Ja Vu all over again !

Edited by stpetre
Add

Seems that some Sheffield United fans got a little over excited this evening

Blue lights all over the city centre tonight, they'd closed off the front of the train station when I walked by an hour ago.

And long may they continue to celebrate.

Outfought, outplayed. Best team won, could have been six. DC has a big decision to make. I think he'll stick with Carlos but if he decides to make a change he must appoint either a motivator or a wheeler dealer, FFP sees to that and we don't know if DC would want to chuck any more millions at it anyway.

Very disappointed today but not altogether surprised to see the underdogs triumph, what's new in a Sheffield derby?

Just glad I don't have to put on a brave face tomorrow morning at work anymore but sorry for the thousands that will. :)

Yes Jim, the Blades giving it to us at our ground (no complaints, they were better), a bit like in the early 60's when Derek Pace came up with two goals (against Peter Swan) and a young Alan Birchenall with a brace against (I think) Vic Mobley, De Ja Vu all over again !

The Champions league or the Championship- two different things- and the last time West Ham United won anything was....?

dont shoot the messenger, i know they are different things thats why he said the champions league as its higher in the pecking order than the championship

---------- Post added 24-09-2017 at 20:19 ----------

Lowlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0eSEhEna90

Only one team wanted to win today and Wednesday were fortunate not to be 3 or 4 down by half time ...

Brooks looks to be some prospect and fair play to Wilder he got tactics and formation spot on...

Unfortunately Wednesday desperately missed Loovens and his absence definitely affects how Lees performs ... and Hutchinson would have made such a difference to Wednesday's game.

For the first time I'm wondering if Carlos has gone as far as he can .... The next two games are vital to get today out of the system...

Only one team wanted to win today and Wednesday were fortunate not to be 3 or 4 down by half time ...

Brooks looks to be some prospect and fair play to Wilder he got tactics and formation spot on...

Unfortunately Wednesday desperately missed Loovens and his absence definitely affects how Lees performs ... and Hutchinson would have made such a difference to Wednesday's game.

For the first time I'm wondering if Carlos has gone as far as he can .... The next two games are vital to get today out of the system...

That'll be loovens that wouldn't have got in today, new lad & best defender in championship according to most owls, it's a hard thing to do but go on for once in your life admit it You Lost to a better team!

but who do you get instead? its a lottery

Nice to see one of the Blades U14's get man of the match.

Some player that Brooks