Why is the Football coverage so rubbish in England?

Radio 5 is almost unlistenable, Talksport commentators seem to be more interested in telling us that SKY have several HD channels rather than what is going off in the game, ITV really should just give up on sport altogether and stick to pop shows and praise the lord (other deities are available) for the fast forward button on MoTD.

Radio 5 is almost unlistenable, Talksport commentators seem to be more interested in telling us that SKY have several HD channels rather than what is going off in the game, ITV really should just give up on sport altogether and stick to pop shows and praise the lord (other deities are available) for the fast forward button on MoTD.

What pees me off with the BBC and the match of the day is it's so obvious they have watched the game before commentating on it.

Sky and ESPN are the bombay though for 20 odd quid a month it's essential.

Give me BBC over ITV and Sky any day, If only for the actual analysis rather than 15 mins of adverts.

Give me BBC over ITV and Sky any day, If only for the actual analysis rather than 15 mins of adverts.

Must admit i still can't get my head round them going to a break when the players come out, that's a big part of the game if you think about non hand shakes etc lol.

What pees me off with the BBC and the match of the day is it's so obvious they have watched the game before commentating on it.

Sky and ESPN are the bombay though for 20 odd quid a month it's essential.

Its worth £20 a month to listen to Jeff Stelling on Saturday afternoons. ESPN is crap I wont be renewing next season, to few top games for the extra £9 a month

People should think back ( if they are old enough) before sky brought all the money into football the coverage was very poor …… now people are spoiled for choice ….. Sports bars showing 3 or 4 live games all at the same time :o

European football ............ that used to be the stuff of dreams, if they could get a satellite link, after all satellites were for scientists and weather men weren’t they :hihi: now I am really showing my age.

Its worth £20 a month to listen to Jeff Stelling on Saturday afternoons. ESPN is crap I wont be renewing next season, to few top games for the extra £9 a month

I get ESPN lobbed in with my sky sports on virgin media m8.

Anybody else fed up of so called expert summarisers on Sky, usually ex pro footballers, that don't know the laws of the game?

Andy Hinchcliffe tonight in the Bolton v Bristol City match:

"It was completely accidental, yes he clipped his heel but it isn't a foul"

What he should have said:

"He clipped his heel, yes it was completely accidental but it's still a foul"

Perhaps they should sit an exam before they get hired. :)

Rant over.

Must admit i still can't get my head round them going to a break when the players come out, that's a big part of the game if you think about non hand shakes etc lol.

Yes and what is it with those kids that come out with the teams ? They look like they're bored to death, doing it under threat and totally uninterested in what should be a highlight in their lives.

Must admit, all this "nicey nicey" stuff before the game is just a pain. Kids, handshakes, daft mascots - it should all be binned.

How many of the so called experts are failed managers?

Why do the BBC show the goals from the Scottish Premier on the morning news headlines, how many people in England really care about the Scottish teams and their results?

Also the commentators when they say things like just about onside, a player is either onside or he isn't.

Edited by iansheff