Problem with box. Co. uk

OK, so updated my rig. Processor with cooler out of stock at ebuyer so ordered from Box. The box that arrived on the outside was big enough to contain everything but it had two sealed labels - One saying cooler included another saying no cooler in this box - the latter was true. I have installed the processor and used cooler from old rig. I have been asked to return the product or accept a £5 refund which seems derisory but await your thoughts.

What cpu was it? Some just dont come with anymore, mine didnt...

Was this an order for 2 items, a cpu and a cooler? Or was it an order for a single thing that was a combination of both, but arrived with a part missing?

Was this an order for 2 items, a cpu and a cooler? Or was it an order for a single thing that was a combination of both, but arrived with a part missing?

The latter - advertised as CPU (Ryzen 7 1700X) with Wraith Spire Cooler. The box had the processor and just cardboard surround that should have held cooler. No instructions either.

Edited by swarfendor43

7 1700x doesn't come wrait cooler but 1700 does. Weird

Edited by Magic_18

The latter - advertised as CPU (Ryzen 7 1700X with Wraith Spire Cooler. The box had the processor and just cardboard surround that should have held cooler. No instructions either.

You should probably have never installed it since it was incomplete.

Now it's up to you, derisory £5 compensation, or the inconvenience of removing it for return...

This is what I am using at the moment:

http://www.frostytech.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=2290

and Box are still advertising the kit with heatsink and fan

https://www.box.co.uk/AMD-RYZEN-7-1700X-(SOCKET-AM4)_2094250.html

Edited by swarfendor43

yes, it seems they have it incorrect on their website...

Generally, 'enthusiast' CPU's (K and Extreme for Intel, and "X" range for AMD, amongst others) don't come with a cooler anymore, as they would expect an 'enthusiast' to be using a 3rd party cooler, AIO, or Custom loop any way... there's also the chance of 'enthusiasts' overclocking, and they don't want them thinking the stock cooler is ok for this, then killing the CPU

Where the standard ones are expected to be used in business/HTPC/Home PC's, and the like, and will as a result come with a standard cooler..

I've never overlooked any rig I have built. I don't have the "Need for Speed" even if I do own one of the old franchise releases. :hihi: