Upvc windows/doors painting business?

Hi there,

as anyone had there upvc windows and doors painted?

Or would have them done looking to start up a business doing it and wondered what people thought are?

Thank you

I'd rather spend the money on getting new ones that were the right colour in the first place.

Maybe if I bought a house that had those awful brown pretend-wood ones I might have them painted and make do with that for a few years if I couldn't afford replacements.

But it all depends on price and how effective the work was.

Thank you

This was my worries that people would just buy new ones! But was just hoping that the cost difference would win people over. And also offering to go the extra mile, ie change glass that as broken down, changing handles, re sealing the old windows.

Thank you again

Thank you

This was my worries that people would just buy new ones! But was just hoping that the cost difference would win people over. And also offering to go the extra mile, ie change glass that as broken down, changing handles, re sealing the old windows.

Thank you again

i would consider it depending on the price, we are just refurbishing a house now and the windows are almost new so want to leave them in, but we want anthracite grey to match the new facias, doors and soffits etc, what sort of cost are you talking about? say for a 2000mm x 1720mm. pm me if you want:thumbsup:

I have looked in to this, no one in Sheffield offer this service. I would be interested in seeing the work and costs.

That’s brilliant I’ll get some samples together

Thanks for everyone for giving time to reply

Get in now, it’s taking off. I’m setting it up along my decorating business. Make sure you do your research tho. Using the wrong paint and wrong technique can seriously damage the windows. I’m using hvlp spray setup

Hi - I would have this done if its priced right. Also in anthracite grey

we have a patio door we would like painting anthracite grey

I have looked in to this, no one in Sheffield offer this service. I would be interested in seeing the work and costs.

Saw a company spraying UPVC window frames grey at a house on Beaver Hill Rd, a couple of weeks back. Can't remember company name but they had a sign up in garden, first time I'd seen this being done.

window magic do this kind of work, or if your on a budget just buy the upvc primer and paint after,ZINSSER make some very good primers

I’m a window fitter and have been doing it for 20 years I have seen some of these paint jobs and the amount of time people have to go back to them the problem is it’s like plastering the sealant part of the fitting is a technique and people think ahhh abit of silicone how hard can that be but it’s not as easy as you think the other part is I’ve seen this time and time again what when you go to spray someone’s windows and say there white and they have white Georgian bar inside the glass units this looks rubbish once the windows have been sprayed as the bar no longer matches as a fitter I’d never even look at sprayed windows the amount of people I’ve been to and ripped them out months after they have been sprayed I think it’s a dying trade before it’s kicked off but I could be wrong just think about all the different bits spraying is an art to get it right you’ll have to take all the silicone out to make sure you spray right up to the edge of the frame then go back once it’s dry to re seal it all if someone has old windows they may aswel just replace them has to be more cost effective as they have no more guarantee with them hardware starts to fail I think it would be a good idea if it’s just a quick way to say tart a property up before selling or renting etc make it abit more appealing but that’s all I think it’s good for but as I said I could be wrong so the best of luck to you.