Dam House - Weston Park. Your experiences.

Sounds awful.

Jackdanny - do you ever give up pretending to be a satisfied customer?

I would have thought if it was so good there would be plenty of people singing its praises.

- Had to try the fish cake after your comments, It's handmade and not frozen at all. You do get one for £4.50, but it does not say on the menu Fishcakes, just Fish cake. Its on dressed salad and made with pure white fish with lemongrass,- for a starter it's tops.

p.s. - it's based on a sheffield thing London Lass, and if you come from London, you might not get it!

Mmm ........ work for them by any chance?

i've been a couple of times for a lunchtime snack.

usually results in a posh sarnie. service always good,food always impeccable.

fox house do nice salmon and brocolli fishcakes - and you get two.

I had my wedding there and the food was fantastic. It almost looked too good to eat the presentation was that good. We had crayfish cocktail for starters, chicken in white wine and tarragin sauce for main and fresh fruit kebab for dessert. :D

Went a few weeks ago with an eye to staying for dinner. Left after they said that they had no lemon or lime for G&T (it wasn't busy) and I had to ask 3 times for some ice in it. Decided that if they could get simple (expensive!) drinks wrong I wasn't going to try the food!

Sounds awful.

Jackdanny - do you ever give up pretending to be a satisfied customer?

I would have thought if it was so good there would be plenty of people singing its praises.

? you ok?

i think you ought to allow people to have their own view on it,

pop down and then give your view.

p.s. i'm not pretending, i reallly am satisfied!!!!!!

I was part of a big group booking the other week, and we had a great evening - food and service were all superb.

I was part of a big group booking the other week, and we had a great evening - food and service were all superb.

I would like to try this place. Is there plenty of parking space ?

They have a fair sized car park in the day, but after 5 pm you can use the uni one which has room for 70 + cars

Has anyone eaten at THe Dam House restaurant in the evening? The menu looks quite nice and the location is good. Any ideas what the food / service are like?

Thanks very much. It sounds like people are generally pleased with the food and experience. I'm planning on taking my Dad out for his 60th next month so this might be a nice place to try.