A new micropub in Hillsborough

The Lego shop is or was 1 Dixon Road. Must be the the kids crafting shop and what kind of pub will it be I wonder, it will be interesting to see.

These new micropubs are excellent additions to the city. We are going back to how pubs traditionally developed rather than the over commercial modern chain pubs with their noisy interiors full of TVs and gambling machines.

Any news on this?

Tradesmen have been working in the building which is next door to Complete Kitchens and Bathrooms on Middlewood Road.

I originally heard it was going to a micro pub but have since been told it is going to be a wine/gin bar.

I looked in the other day and you would be lucky if you could fit 15 people inside. I suppose that's why they call it a micro pub!!

Guest makapaka

It sounds great - apart from the fact it’s in hillsborough- hopefully it won’t go the way if the rest of the bars / pubs down there.

11 minutes ago, makapaka said:

It sounds great - apart from the fact it’s in hillsborough- hopefully it won’t go the way if the rest of the bars / pubs down there.

Not Hillsborough Corner though - hopefully shouldn't get dragged down to the level of that drinking circuit.

Just noticed on Facebook they are advertising for a manager

23 hours ago, belperite said:

Not Hillsborough Corner though - hopefully shouldn't get dragged down to the level of that drinking circuit.

Arguably Legends (Hillsborough Tap or whatever it's called now) is Hillsborough's original micropub!  Let's hope for better things in the new place - Carling in one third of a pint glasses maybe.

1 hour ago, Bilge said:

Arguably Legends (Hillsborough Tap or whatever it's called now) is Hillsborough's original micropub!  Let's hope for better things in the new place - Carling in one third of a pint glasses maybe.

I'm sure the new owners will be keen for it to be a success, both for them and also the area itself.

I also heard that they've put in soundproofing, as there was a concern raised by a member of the public about the possible high level of noise from people drinking and chatting.

Looks a good venture and presumably a good starting point to find one of the local councillors for the area, if you need him.

I certainly might be tempted to wander over from the Walled Garden, depending on its opening times.

1 hour ago, Bilge said:

I would certainly hope it is better than Leg-ends.

I'm all for new micropubs, I hope they have cask beers and not just keg.  I somehow can't see me frequenting this one though if it's out Hillsborough way.  It's the wrong side of town for me.  

I wonder if the residents of Winn Garden's will appreciate it?