Car horns, fireworks tonight

So true.

Why they can't just have traditional stag and hen then a drunken knees up to seal the deal.....

Ostentatious.

My bold=

Maybe if you learnt about Asian wedding culture you would realise that a stag do and drunken knees up isn’t part of their culture!

Would you also like them to have a hog roast instead of biryani for the wedding guests? :hihi:

My bold=

Maybe if you learnt about Asian wedding culture you would realise that a stag do and drunken knees up isn’t part of their culture!

Would you also like them to have a hog roast instead of biryani for the wedding guests? :hihi:

Get your claws in I was being facetious.

but why fireworks at 1.20am?

a friend of mine was kept awake until the small hours this monring because of the fireworks and crowds near where she lives S4. People should have more respect for their neighbours and keep partying to acceptable/reasonable hours. after 1am on a Weds night/Thursday morning is not my idea of acceptable or reasonable...

Those Asian weddings sound like good fun, well done to them for having a good time.

I did notice a white (possibly floral) 'love heart' on the 'boot' of one of the badly driven (hazard lights flashing, horns blaring, erratic speeds) cars on Tenter Street at about 8:35pm.

My mother lives in (and I grew up in) a predominately Asian area of Bradford so I've encountered quite a few Asian Weddings but I've never seen anything anywhere near as bad as that experienced as last night, so maybe it wasn't one of those.

Just heard and saw some going off in what I think was the direction of Don Valley. Have heard it every eve since the weekend. Anyone know why? I know The Leadmill have George Ezra and Hacienda classical at the bowl but I don't think that is for a week or so yet

Because no westerner ever rented a Rolls Royce for a wedding right?

And all Asians who like fireworks are poor hmm? I like fireworks too does that make me poor?

How many Rolls Royces have you seen being raced in the streets at " western" weddings ?

Saw one of these processions at about 5.15pm earlier this week on Staniforth Road. Lead car was a blue Lamborghini followed by 3 white Rollers, 2 black Rollers, then roughly twenty assorted Mercs, Land Rovers and BMWs. Horns blaring, people stood on passenger seats with top half out of sunroof. Seatbelts not being worn and mostly ignoring the red light at the roadworks. Tyres screeching just to move the car five feet. One moron even decided he would move up the queue a bit and in doing so blocked oncoming traffic so leaving tailback into roadworks ...... blocking procession!!! Cue even more blaring.

Total disregard for other road users and the highway code. Arrogance at its greatest.

a friend of mine was kept awake until the small hours this monring because of the fireworks and crowds near where she lives S4. People should have more respect for their neighbours and keep partying to acceptable/reasonable hours. after 1am on a Weds night/Thursday morning is not my idea of acceptable or reasonable...

yeah, same here.

Tell your friend to expect more of the same over the next few weeks since Asian weddings are more common in the Summer . . .

Saw one of these processions at about 5.15pm earlier this week on Staniforth Road. Lead car was a blue Lamborghini followed by 3 white Rollers, 2 black Rollers, then roughly twenty assorted Mercs, Land Rovers and BMWs. Horns blaring, people stood on passenger seats with top half out of sunroof. Seatbelts not being worn and mostly ignoring the red light at the roadworks. Tyres screeching just to move the car five feet. One moron even decided he would move up the queue a bit and in doing so blocked oncoming traffic so leaving tailback into roadworks ...... blocking procession!!! Cue even more blaring.

Total disregard for other road users and the highway code. Arrogance at its greatest.

Sounds like this is one aspect of increasing cultural diversity that I would not (personally) regard as beneficial.

That's why ex-rental cars have an individual's name on the log book as keeper.