The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

This made me laugh:

Wetherspoon to stop selling champagne ahead of Brexit

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44465657

Where to begin tearing it apart? I bet they sell very little, its all Cava and Proscecco - which is conveniently not mentioned. If I'm not mistaken, they're also produced in EU countries and are very cheap to buy wholesale and knock out for a tenner.

And stopping German beers for British ones? Remind me how his little plan to stop selling Heineken worked out.

Heineken gets around the issue by brewing locally: Heineken is brewed in Tadcaster, Hereford and Manchester according to Google.

I hope any of their Brexit-voting British employees will find sufficient self-abnegation in their nationalist feelings, to forgive Weatherspoons if the chain drops their German-sounding British-brewed lager :lol:

This made me laugh:

Where to begin tearing it apart? I bet they sell very little, its all Cava and Proscecco - which is conveniently not mentioned. If I'm not mistaken, they're also produced in EU countries and are very cheap to buy wholesale and knock out for a tenner.

And stopping German beers for British ones? Remind me how his little plan to stop selling Heineken worked out.

I notice he blames the EU for the high cost of imports from Europe and conveniently forgets £2.16 per bottle of wine / £2.77 sparkling wine / 43p per pint of beer excise duty levied by HMG.

I notice he blames the EU for the high cost of imports from Europe and conveniently forgets £2.16 per bottle of wine / £2.77 sparkling wine / 43p per pint of beer excise duty levied by HMG.

we've seen on here, blame EVERYTHING on the EU whether its true or not.

project fear

Plus he is advocating for tariffs on imports from the EU, which will raise prices more.

A recent publication revealed that of the UK government spending, 2 % was controlled by the EU, with the majority coming back to the UK anyway, yet of that 98% there was a massive skew towards London/SE spending leading to other areas having a negative view of government spending. Although they did not tacitly label it - effectively the government has been overspending in the London area, blaming the EU for the imbalance when 'the North' queried it.

This whole situation is quite simple. The British people voted to LEAVE . That mean OUT , totally , no half measures, no deals with the foreigners in Brussels ,no keeping certain parts of the EU . Out means Out . Walk away , goodbye and good riddance to the foreign dictators in Brussels.

I dont think a lot of our MP`s get it . OUT means OUT.

This whole situation is quite simple. The British people voted to LEAVE . That mean OUT , totally , no half measures, no deals with the foreigners in Brussels ,no keeping certain parts of the EU . Out means Out . Walk away , goodbye and good riddance to the foreign dictators in Brussels.

i think youre going to be very disappointed :hihi:

Plus he is advocating for tariffs on imports from the EU, which will raise prices more.

A recent publication revealed that of the UK government spending, 2 % was controlled by the EU, with the majority coming back to the UK anyway, yet of that 98% there was a massive skew towards London/SE spending leading to other areas having a negative view of government spending. Although they did not tacitly label it - effectively the government has been overspending in the London area, blaming the EU for the imbalance when 'the North' queried it.

I've just cancelled a booking for a large party in the local Wetherspoons. When I told them why the abusive response I got back was priceless.

Think a GDPR request to them to make sure they are not being naughty with my data now might just be in order :)

OUT means OUT.

got it.

a hard irish border.

out of Horizon 2020

no access to the CAP.

etc.

at least it's coherent strategy, i think we'd all be grateful if the government had half that clarity!

This made me laugh:

Does remind me of when Wetherspoons were publicising British beef products being sold in their pubs. An investigation found that their steaks were made from African Zebu.

You begin by simply never going in there.

#dumpthespoons it can't be that tricky. I never knew it was run by such a narrow minded little Englander though...

"I've just cancelled a booking for a large party in the local Wetherspoons"

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

"I've just cancelled a booking for a large party in the local Wetherspoons"

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

I'm sure you think there is sense there somewhere but from here you just look like you are dribbing from your gammon.

Nope. Anyone who voted out gave the government a mandate to leave, but does not have any say as to what form the exit will take. It was the voting equivalent of signing a blank cheque, and letting someone else then fill in the details.