Boeing in Sheffield

The new Channel 4 HQ would be the icing on the cake but that's never gonna happen.

That will definitely go to Media City in Salford

You're obviously a glass half empty sort of person arent you :hihi:

What I am saying is that we shouldn't be content with such a small gesture. We need much larger commitments and by a lot more companies like Boeing.

Here is my prediction, the AMRC isn't going to be the main driver in high tech advancement in Sheffield over the next decade. That accolade will belong to the Nuclear AMRC. Get ready for a government announcement on SMRs.

Let me gets this right.

You guys are jumping up and down over 50 new jobs in a years time.

Meanwhile, our steel industry is getting more screwed by the day and losing jobs at nearly ten times the rate.

Haven't Liberty Group taken over Tata Special Steels at Aldwarke and Stocksbridge, and are increasing production and staff numbers?

Great news for the city. Well done to the people who negotiated this deal.

Agreed. Good news indeed.

Should be Boeing in Rotherham, as its at the AMRC.

Its great for the City Region.

Not that it matters, as this should be seen as great news for the region as a whole, but actually this is on the Sheffield side of the Parkway.

Strange, the article says that its being built next to the existing Boeing facility. That's at the AMRC at Waverley:

http://www.amrc.co.uk/pages/contact-us

And this report mentions Catcliffe:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-39067931

I wonder if the Business Park (on the old airport) and on the Sheffield side is just trying to hang onto the coat tails of the success of Rotherham's AMRC?

I work for the uni and was at the event. Trust me, it's the Sheffield side.

And all of the building on the Sheffield side is also part of the AMRC. It's the same organisation.

Rotherham is a small town IN Sheffield :D

Haven't Liberty Group taken over Tata Special Steels at Aldwarke and Stocksbridge, and are increasing production and staff numbers?

Oh yes, they are the only representatives of the steel industry in South Yorkshire. :confused:

Oh yes, they are the only representatives of the steel industry in South Yorkshire. :confused:

Presumably then, you will be providing a list of all companies working in the steel industry in South Yorkshire, and their recruitment plans, to back up your statements.