Jared Omara MP ..

nikki-red

We understand that this is an emotive subject, and discussing the facts is totally fine.
Posting insults is not.
Jared is local to us, and could well be a member of the forum, we dont allow name calling and insults on other threads and they arent acceptable on this one either.

Message added by nikki-red

Its a stock response from an MP that has done sweet nothing. If you asked any left wing person what they would do they could generate this response. It may not even have been written by him.

What has he really done as an MP nothing. He should have resigned as an MP rather than just with the party and called a by election. To be honest I'd rather have Clegg back at least he did something.

The only reason he hasn't resigned and called a by election is he likes the MP's salary.

I’m still not sure what you are moaning about. He’s involved in a campaign to try to end knife crime. That seems very laudable to me, especially as Kavan Brissett has just had his young life ended by such a crime.

To moan about an MP actually doing something useful is a bit mealy mouthed in my opinion.

I’m still not sure what you are moaning about. He’s involved in a campaign to try to end knife crime. That seems very laudable to me, especially as Kavan Brissett has just had his young life ended by such a crime.

To moan about an MP actually doing something useful is a bit mealy mouthed in my opinion.

If anything we should be asking why more local MP's aren't joining the campaign??

To do something useful would be to actually turn up to Westminster and do your job. To do something useful would actually be seen out and about working with police looking at ways to improve. Attending panels to look at reducing knife crime. All he did was provide a quote to a newspaper that any tom dick or harry could have written. The people of Hallam deserve more than a misogynistic idiot who resigned from the labour party but kept is seat so he can keep his wage.

To do something useful would be to actually turn up to Westminster and do your job. To do something useful would actually be seen out and about working with police looking at ways to improve. Attending panels to look at reducing knife crime. All he did was provide a quote to a newspaper that any tom dick or harry could have written. The people of Hallam deserve more than a misogynistic idiot who resigned from the labour party but kept is seat so he can keep his wage.

I get that you don’t like Jared, but you do look a bit ridiculous attacking him for joining in with an important local campaign.

I hope the politicians and The Star manage to make some difference. What is certain is that your moaning won’t make any difference

Its a stock response from an MP that has done sweet nothing. If you asked any left wing person what they would do they could generate this response. It may not even have been written by him.

What has he really done as an MP nothing. He should have resigned as an MP rather than just with the party and called a by election. To be honest I'd rather have Clegg back at least he did something.

The only reason he hasn't resigned and called a by election is he likes the MP's salary.

We probably need Clegg back to give advice on student loans, he could team up with Diane Abbott for help with the sums.

I get that you don’t like Jared, but you do look a bit ridiculous attacking him for joining in with an important local campaign.

I hope the politicians and The Star manage to make some difference. What is certain is that your moaning won’t make any difference

Maybe they will. But a mere 'campaign' will scarcely deter the carriers of knives will it?

Maybe they will. But a mere 'campaign' will scarcely deter the carriers of knives will it?

But it's a start.

Good on them I say. It's a pity more of them aren't standing up to be counted.

I’m not sure that merely deterring is the answer anyway.

Just a chance to get on with the job without constantly raking something up he did years ago, has apologised for and was never prosecuted for.

What else do people want him to do? Walk the streets self-flagellating?

Perhaps he could be paraded naked on the town hall steps while someone rings a bell shouting “SHAME”.

People just need to let it go - and if he’s found posting sexist things on a forum next week then he’ll have some answering to do - as he will at the next election when he will be correctly measured on his performance over his tenure as an MP by the electorate.

Well, marks for his first year out of 10, has to be zero in my opinion. Let's hope the rest of his tenure will be stellar.

Angel1.

Guest makapaka

Oh no Jeffrey - i mean who ever heard of a campaign bringing about reform .......

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2013/apr/22/stephen-lawrence-murder-changed-legal-landscape

http://www.contrast.org/hillsborough/

What a daft comment -maybe they should all just sit there and wait for someone else to do something about it?