The Homeless man that lives in Encliffe Park

If Craig is the gentleman who helped my sister in law last winter, then i reckon he's a star. During the heavy snow of last january my sister in law was walking from Ran Moor to ecclesall road where she works.

She slipped on some ice and landed quite badly on her arm. No one went to help her even though people were walking past, only the homeless gent she said lived in Endcliffe park went to her, asked if she was alright, then gave her a hand up. He then walked with her to the edge of the park to make sure she didnt fall again.

Now during the winter months if she can find him, she'll treat him to a hot sandwich for breakfast, and he's always appreciative. It may not be the same guy, but even so whoever he is my sister in law will always be grateful for his help that morning.

Well said he's not someone to be ridiculed :)

re. Craig, I have never come into contact with him, but the 'saying there but for the grace of God go I' springs to mind, we'd do well to think on that.

The manic depressive strikes again :roll:

I take a dim view of those who poke fun at the homeless. Given that ex-soliders make up about one in eleven prisoners and one in ten homeless people, I'd hope people would treat them with a little more respect?

Funny how those who are quite happy to send them to die in the deserts of the Middle East, are seemingly even happier to abandon them when they come back damaged :|

x

I take a dim view of those who poke fun at the mentally ill. Which is a shame because the rest of your post made a valid point.

Sense at last. Yes many of these people are ex servicemen that have given service to their country. Though there is help out there now for the present day servicemen many that are much older do not know how to get help or where to go for help. Many are too proud to ask for help. I know I have been there myself. I have been depressed and thought nobody cared. I got a good kick up the butt and a lot of help to get where I am now. I was very lucky. We also have young people that have left home because of abuse and trust no-one, They exist on the streets and yes they BEG. Now we have many that would like to catalogue these people and know nothing about their plight, These same people could find themselves or one of their family in a similar situation, With the risks the Government is taking now we may see many desperate and needy people out on the streets. I have already met with many disabled pensioners and also down and outs that fear for their future. Now is the time we must help each other to get over what is about to happen.

bless that man who sleeps there..... especially in this ****e weather, hope he remains safe and well. x

Craigs a decent enough bloke whose made some bad choices in life. He's by no means a threat to anyone and considering what he's been through remains remarkably cheerful.

this sounds like the guy who used to be at the bus shelter across from the northern gen hospital with his cider and bicycle believe his name is carl.

It is a shame to still see a man or woman sleeping on a bench. We throw millions to other countries to help others but cant help our own. We support the wrong charities that give money to african kids and so on to stop them dieing from aids and other disease. If all these kids are gonna die then why are they having them. I think they should send them durex over or teach the men to pull out when required. Sort the diseases out then they can have as many kids as they want. Well, not all that many.

I used to talk to a homeless guy when I was in town, he was only young, probably in his late 20s and was really friendly and chatty. I haven't seen him in a long time :( I hope he's managed to get a place and settle down.

If its the same guy, i have just been stood talking to him for 10 mins, he is a lovely guy, although a bit drunk :hihi:, but we had a good chat, i was taking a dog for a walk and he knew the dog and said he had helped the owner with it a couple of times when it escaped. Its a shame he has to sleep rough but he didnt seem too bothered about it tbh, apart from when tennis balls come over the wall to where he is sleeping and hit him on the head :o:hihi: