Fungal Nail Infection - Best Treatment

I thought i had a fungal nail infections(s). My two index fingers on each hand and my little fingers and on my feet my big toe nails have it. I went to the doctors a few years ago and he told me to send some clippings off and they came back without any fungal infection??

He told me that it could be Psorasis under my nails and its not nice. you cant catch it but I Have to paint my toenails all the time or have them hid is sock and shoes. I have to cut them with really strong toenail clippers and then file them down with a emery board and it a relief when its done, as its a right job but when they are done im glad becuase my toenails look really much better when painted.

I did ask my doctor before I had the clippings sent off and he said he was very reluctant to give me some tablets for nail infections as the tablets can cause your kidneys to bleed and sometimes have to be taken for up to six months as they take a long time to work. Im still thinkin about going back to the doctors for a second opinion to see if they can do anything about my nails because it gets me down sometimes.

I have heard that pure coconut oil does the trick - might be worth googling to see what comes up.

It's an extreme solution but have you considered having your feet amputated?

you could pull out all your nails with some pliers... problem solved

I've used tea tree oil & it really worked for me, the infection has not returned. Two drops on the infected nail twice a day & a hell of a lot cheaper than stuff advertised on TV.

Im on day 4 of using the honey i mentioned above, the discolouration is now starting to dissapear it now looking more like a normal nail for the first time in 5 years.

Yeh I've been too busy to go buy anything yet, infact this first time i've had to read my replys. Think mamalocha's cure by pulling out the toe nails is a bit drastic so i'll pass on that one thanks.

I've used tea tree oil & it really worked for me, the infection has not returned. Two drops on the infected nail twice a day & a hell of a lot cheaper than stuff advertised on TV.

I am using tea tree oil at the moment on my toenail and I see a definite improvement after a week.

Drugs have a 50% success and are taken over 4 to 6 months and are fairly toxic with many known side effects. Topical treatments roughly have a 7% success rate if the infection has not penetrated the nail bed. Laser nail treatment is 85% effective from a one off treatment with no known side effects. Admittedly it is an expense treatment on a par with other medical laser treatments.

Also the laser has a broad specturm activity. against all known fungal pathogens.

Edited by Podmeister

i have cured my fungal nail problem.cheap and simple.Cut and file you nail as far as safely possible,don,t make it bleed and then rub in ordinary bleach like domestos.I used it neat but others say a solution of between 10 and 50%, working on the theory you can put your hands in it to clean stuff.Anyway it has worked for me and i did it most days for a month.Previously I had the nail removed and although yeast was evident during healing time the doc said he thought it would go away,i then used Cureanail and at £20 a throw i had no success at all and you are talking 9 months.No bleach has done it for me.