No access to website

I got this when trying to access "tucson.com"

Having googled: black tar from door hinges

451: Unavailable due to legal reasons

We recognize you are attempting to access this website from a country belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA) including the EU which enforces the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and therefore access cannot be granted at this time. For any issues, contact jspitz@tucson.com or call 800-695-4492.

What is this about????

GDPR requires that sites get informed consent in order to collect personal information about users from the EU. Some sites, despite having two years to make changes to their systems, haven't done so and have decided to block users from the EU rather than comply.

More info here, here and here.

I got this when trying to access "tucson.com"

Having googled: black tar from door hinges

451: Unavailable due to legal reasons

We recognize you are attempting to access this website from a country belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA) including the EU which enforces the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and therefore access cannot be granted at this time. For any issues, contact jspitz@tucson.com or call 800-695-4492.

What is this about????

Try Google's cache:

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:-IAtTkKeN1QJ:https://tucson.com/lifestyles/column/what-is-that-black-dirty-stuff-that-keeps-coming-out/article_e9d65694-e981-5fb8-bfa1-0cf67436aefe.html+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

thank you for the explanations.

It might be possible to get access using a VPN. I believe Opera browser now comes with one built in, but I'm not sure if it lets you choose which country to pretend to be from.