Goodye to Wilder?

At some point he will be made an offer he cant refuse, same as anyone else in any other industry.

But I don't believe it is right now.

It looks like Wilder and his backroom staff are all signing new contracts.......The best pre season signings the Blades will make i reckon.

A few on here who were wetting themselves with glee are gonna be disappointed:)

If Sunderland approach United why not offer him on a season long loan with a big bonus payable if he brings them up?

Gives the two owners a bit of breathing space until one of them comes out on top. :)

Jim, if I read that right, are clubs allowed to do that ? Never heard of that before.

---------- Post added 21-05-2018 at 17:45 ----------

I think that's very wide of the mark.

I'm not naive enough to think that money doesn't count - it does - it counts for a lot. And I'm not stupid enough to think that Wilder will never leave - he will. At some point, some club, is going to come in for him with an offer that is simply too good for him to turn down - but it won't just be about the money - it will be about a chance for him to manage at the very top levels in football.

That club won't be WBA, or Sunderland for that matter.

Wilder hasn't been at United long as manager. He is first, and foremost, a Blade and he'll want to at least see the situation at United resolved and learn what monies he's going to have at his disposal before doing anything.

If he feels that he is going to be backed sufficiently, to turn a very good Championship team into an even better one this coming season, then I have no doubt whatsoever he'll stay.

Only if he feels that he's not going to get the financial backing to do that, will he leave.

I think he'll be the manager to get United back to the Prem. After that...at some point...others will take notice of him and he'll probably find himself offered a job at a bigger club with deeper roots in the Prem.

Mickey Adams was first and foremost a Blade, Sheffield born, former player and manager, then what happened ? No comparison to Chris Wilder tho'.

Signed a new contract according to Sky just now.

BREAKING NEWS

Chris Wilder has signed a new contract as Sheffield United manager, committing until 2021.

Four of his backroom staff members – Alan Knill, Darren Ward, Matt Prestridge and head of recruitment Paul Mitchell – have also agreed to the same extension.

Wilder said: “I’m delighted and proud to carry on.”

Think the thread title needs changing? to hello to wilder ;)

looks like a few need a bit of humble pie staying put for another season but it made for good reading so much speculation utb

looks like a few need a bit of humble pie staying put for another season but it made for good reading so much speculation utb

It was wilders hissy fit on the radio that didn't help. Most of us expected he'd stay though

looks like he got what he wanted from his outburst, a promise from the board

I am genuinely pleased Wilder is staying. Now if a full strength Owls takes six points off the Wilder Blades next season there will be no excuses. (steady now).

I am genuinely pleased Wilder is staying. Now if a full strength Owls takes six points off the Wilder Blades next season there will be no excuses. (steady now).

I remember the morning of the bouncing day massacre and along with others fearing the worst because of United's injury problems we'll never know but what would the score have been if the Blades had been at full strength, the Wednesday squad was pretty strong that day.