What music are you listening to?

Creep by the Pretenders ( unplugged) Great job on this Radiohead classic, Chrissie is so good at stuff like this, love that gal's sexy voice.

Deadly Avenger - Deep Red (great album, why has it taken me 16 years to discover it?)

Dee Jay Punk-Roc - Chicken eye (one of those breakbeat albums that were all the rage in the 90s)

Venetian Snares - The chocolate wheelchair album (not as frenetic as some of his others; depending on your point of view this may or may not be a good thing)

Tangerine Dream - The Virgin Years 1974-78 (five classic TD albums: Phaedra, Rubycon, Ricochet, Stratosfear and Cyclone. In a box. Rubycon was the third record I ever bought and what an inspired choice it was).

There are so many good suggestions on this thread but I didn't see 'Incubus' yet (maybe because I'm new).

There could even be a poll added here to see which bands are liked the most in Sheffield!

There are so many good suggestions on this thread but I didn't see 'Incubus' yet (maybe because I'm new).

There could even be a poll added here to see which bands are liked the most in Sheffield!

yup cos youre new ;)

Medusa mentioned em in march last year

welcome

The Golden Age of Wireless by Thomas Dolby - finally got round to using an HMV voucher a family member got me for Christmas so got 5 CD Album collection of Thomas Dolby and Sade - The Ultimate Collection. :cool:

Vinyl. I just pull four or five albums out at random and i always in a mood to listen to whatever I've pulled out, but if I listen to digital music, like my I-pod, I struggle to think of what I want to listen to. It must be the art work on vinyl, Its like eating with your eyes.....

McKenna Mendelson Mainline and their debut album Stink recorded in 1969 with virtually no over dubbing, in one day, some fine all original Canadian blues.

Im listening to my Gone with the wind record :) (Real record (The actual people who did the music in the movie) MONO)

Current song: Taras theme

Listening to the debut album, Ex Nihilo, from four Australian brothers (the youngest being 14 or something) who go by the name of Mixed Up Everything, a name that was coined because their musical influences cover a wide range of late 80s/early 90s grunge, metal and alt-rock bands.

And their album is pretty damn good.

Edited by Funky_Gibbon

Lou Reed Transformer today. Yesterday was Toots and the Maytals. So random. Might be Bob Dylan tomorrow.