Sheffield Peregrine Falcons 2018

Since Victoria1867 left the link for the peregrine falcons from time to time I’m looking to see what she is doing in her nest, never thought I would get hooked watching a bird’s nest.

Living next to The River Tyne I normally spend time cursing the kittiwakes and seagulls when on numerous occasions my washing gets splattered with their droppings, but I have to say I’m keeping an eye on the peregrine’s webcam.

I’m sure she leaves her nest in the evenings to look for food.

---------- Post added 02-04-2018 at 09:19 ----------

She is still sat on her eggs in the snow. I’m wondering how long it will be before they hatch.

hehe sorry - it's addictive isn't it! We filmed a video too if anyone is interested:

I can't get the webcam on the link to play, very frustrating!

hehe sorry - it's addictive isn't it! We filmed a video too if anyone is interested:

Thank you for the video. Looks as though the male does the hunting for food, I think.

It is very addictive in a nice way.

I can't get the webcam on the link to play, very frustrating!

It maybe something to do with your browser settings I had the same problem last year although i cant remener what exactly. Try not using the link and going onto it directly from the univeristy website

I’ve asked Meadowhall by email if they would put up a box it would be great publicity for them but they did not reply.

Four chicks in Bath just having breakfast.

Are the Sheffield Peregrines eggs due to hatch? I wonder if the mothers behaviour changes when it is near the time for the eggs to hatch. I have recorded the programme about The Peregrines but not watched it yet. Might learn a thing or two when I do.

Are the Sheffield Peregrines eggs due to hatch? I wonder if the mothers behaviour changes when it is near the time for the eggs to hatch. I have recorded the programme about The Peregrines but not watched it yet. Might learn a thing or two when I do.

In the last 2 years there have been 38 days between the laying of the first egg and hatching. If this is repeated this year then tomorrow could be the big day. I wish the rain would bugger off though.

Dad got fed up of shouting for Mum that he moved to the ledge leaving 4 eggs behind. After a few minutes Mum took over

---------- Post added 29-04-2018 at 20:59 ----------

Two chick hatched in Warwick today - they must have the best new home of all the peregrines https://www.warwickdc.gov.uk/news/article/132/webcam_peregrine_falcons_nesting_on_town_hall

Chick hatched at 5-00pm, according to SBSG website.