The Sheffield gay scene part 2

I find it amusing that Heaven 17 are choosing to appear at Manchester Pride rather than the one in their home city :D

I went to the gay pride and I must admit I was disappointed there was not much happening. The main stage was reduced in size from last yr and the acts were not up to much. The music tent wasn’t exactly rocking! lol however there seem to be more people there this yr and the weather was good.

The main stage was the exact same stage as used in previous Prides. The black covering may have made it look smaller.

I'm not gay but in my experience most gay guys are pretty cool. I've been in various gay places in Sheffield and I enjoyed the vibe. It's safe :-)

The main stage was the exact same stage as used in previous Prides. The black covering may have made it look smaller.

You could have a point may be they should use a brighter colour tenant next yr! although size is'nt everything. :)

You could have a point may be they should use a brighter colour tenant next yr! although size is'nt everything. :)

Last year it was a white coverings which we didn't like. I think we do need a bigger stage though but it's just the expense.

Last year it was a white coverings which we didn't like. I think we do need a bigger stage though but it's just the expense.

From what i hear the previous black stage was not cheep so a bigger stage would cost more money and due to the current financial credit crunch it may not be possible to get a bigger tenant however they should try another colour.

Edited by Albear
error

From what i hear the previous black tenant was not cheep so a bigger tenant would cost more money and due to the current financial credit crunch it may not be possible to get a bigger tenant however they should try another colour.

And in English please?

And in English please?

Meaning?????

From what i hear the previous black stage was not cheep so a bigger stage would cost more money and due to the current financial credit crunch it may not be possible to get a bigger tenant however they should try another colour.

I was a bit surprised by the plain appearance of the main stage, and it was stuck way out in the top corner of the site; it would have looked a lot better with a rainbow banner across the top of it, even maybe the little banner which appeared on Town Hall two weeks before Pride and then was taken down and replaced a week later by the Veterans Day banner (Nonetheless a good cause, but shame that the Pride banner also couldnt have stayed up)

Still, the 'Other/Cabaret' Stage where I had my half hour of glory, was very well placed and attracted a good crowd; next year, costs allowing, it would be good to have a bigger main stage in a better position, as well as a larger 'Cabaret' stage. BTW, I agree 100% with Damo that we should bring HEAVEN 17 back to Sheffield for next year's Pride as headliners, as loads of us are into '80's music and it is not well enough represented. Nothing wrong BTW, with them at Manc Pride too; ironically, the drag queens on the main stage here in Sheffield this year are from Manchester, so its nice to have some 'reciprocity'...:love:

Hey everyone!

Due to my film making hobby, I have made a trailer of Sheffield Pride 2010!

I hope you all enjoy it, and maybe see if you can spot yourself :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ygAOgrnS18

Thanks.

Any feedback appreciated too (Im up for improvements!)

The 9th Annual All Day Climax event is here!!!

Saturday 31st July @ Sheffield University Union of Students

Here it is VIVA CLIMAX 2010!!

3pm til 3am! The annual all day LGBT clubbing event!

By Day- 3pm

*BBQ

*DRINKS OFFERS

*This yeah we are adding in that little bit of a festival feel with a CIDER TENT

*FREE TEMPORARY TATTOOS

*FREE CANDY FLOSS

*KARAOKE IN BAR ONE FROM 8pm

By Night - 10:30pm doors

In The Foundry

* Laura Steel - This years most exciting new artist performing her new single 'Feedback'

* BABY D! - Performing their number 1 hit 'Let me be your fantasy'

* Angie Brown - a regular on the main stage at Manchester Pride Angie Brown will be performing her big hitters such as 'I'm gonna get you baby' & 'Movin up'

Plus DJ Scott Kelly will be taking you right through til 3am with the biggest in commercial Pop and Chart

In The Fusion

* HEADPHONE DISCO!!! DJ Emma and Peachy Keen vs DJ John Dixon 1 room, 3 DJs all playing at same time! put on the headphones and switch between the DJs its that simple!

Its set to be a great day and night! SO DON'T MISS OUT!!!!!!!

I think the 5500 that attended last year would disagree with what you have said. Everyone's entitled to their opinion but please do think about all the hard work 10 people put into this (in their own time) to bring this event to the city.

I attended Pride last year with friends of all flavours of sexuality (LGBTQ, straight, owt else...) and we all had a great time! My only criticisms would be the lack of political stalls - I was pleased to see trade unions there with their LGBT strands but maybe inviting a few more would be good, and also less of the cheesey pop bands - the LGBT community isn't necessarily keen on the cheese - just get some good bands!