What's your opinion of Bouncers?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. What's your opinion of Bouncers?

• They do a good job under harsh conditions
    • They don't do enough
    • They are power-mad
    • Hmm, i don't really have an opinion

Originally posted by markham

Think about it deano, if you had been sozzled and smashed the place up the manager would probably be pressing you, through the courts, for some kind of reimbursement. His doorman assaulted you, caused you (and your GF) embarrassment and very nearly caused you injury. Does the doorman get away with it. As I said earlier, if it had been a copper who did this, would he be let off?

You are right,i don't want compensation,an apology would suffice,that's all i wanted at the time,just wanted him to admit he was wrong,it's a very good point about if it was a police officer they would be suspended,i will put wheels in motion,bit to be honest i think i will hit a few brick walls,will keep you posted.

If your giving bouncers jip what do you expect them to do? Smile say sorry and get you a drink? They have to put up with ****ed up idiots all night long whilst taking jip from people. Bouncers are tought to react to a situation quickly before it ecsculates, maybe some bouncers aren't quite as good at reading situations as others.

In your case as he was quite young, you either offended him or he thought you may pose a problem in which case he reacted accordingly.

Next time when they tell you to leave keep your gob firmly sealed. I've seen bouncers open fire exit doors with peoples head's.

There's often more bouncers than there are of you and in the end of the day your not going to win or achieve anything by giving them hassle.

Just to add: I'm not a bouncer and I know there are some asshole ones about. Just givin my 2 cent for the guys.

Oy Deano - stop being such a pussy and fix up. If you are in your 30's and some 18 year old dude put you in a headlock and threw you to the ground, you only have yourself to blame. If you dont stand up for yourself, this kinda ting is gonna happen. eh?

Originally posted by JasonHoffman

Oy Deano - stop being such a pussy and fix up. If you are in your 30's and some 18 year old dude put you in a headlock and threw you to the ground, you only have yourself to blame. If you dont stand up for yourself, this kinda ting is gonna happen. eh?

What a man! Yes I'm sure it would have really impressed Deano's gf alot more if he'd had thrown a few punches and potentially got himself arrested. (Pls note that is sarcasm..I know that you can't hear tone of voice on the forum!)

I wonder what you're suggesting he should have done at the time particularly as it sounds like it all happened quickly?

What are you saying here, all 18 year old guys are a push over? because they're young you should be able to over-power them and put them in their place?!:loopy:

Have you seen the size of some teenagers?

Deano already said the guy in question was twice his size, how can anybody successfully defend themselves against somene who is twice as strong as yourself, unless your Uma Thurman in Kill Bill of course!

Even if Deano had wiped the floor with the bouncer, surely the other bouncers would have got involved and probably put Deano in intensive care!

Cheers for that mate,what exactly would you have done?

Dunno bought you but i aint no fighter,would you attack a doorman who has all his mates behind him?

Originally posted by J-Blaze

If your giving bouncers jip what do you expect them to do? Smile say sorry and get you a drink? They have to put up with ****ed up idiots all night long whilst taking jip from people. Bouncers are tought to react to a situation quickly before it ecsculates, maybe some bouncers aren't quite as good at reading situations as others.

In your case as he was quite young, you either offended him or he thought you may pose a problem in which case he reacted accordingly.

Next time when they tell you to leave keep your gob firmly sealed. I've seen bouncers open fire exit doors with peoples head's.

There's often more bouncers than there are of you and in the end of the day your not going to win or achieve anything by giving them hassle.

Just to add: I'm not a bouncer and I know there are some asshole ones about. Just givin my 2 cent for the guys.

I wasn't giving him "jip"it was banter,if a doorman can't take a bit of banter he is in the wrong job imo,whats he gonna do if someone really upsets him,kill them?

Also there was a group of us,why did he pick on me,cos i was the smallest male perhaps?Surely they are trained to deal with light hearted banter as opposed to a violent threat.

I don't want this guy clapped in irons,but the way he overreacted on friday was scary,just think he may benefit from some more training,for his own good as well as anyone elses.

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler

Deano which club was it? Send me a PM :thumbsup:

Me too Deano:thumbsup:

Deano, as we're not allowed to name establishments think of a place in town that shares its name with an area in Morocco, The Clash rocked it, allegedly! Is it the same place you had grief? This sounds just like my experience when I was attacked without provocation by a p****d up young lad claiming to be a bouncer and thrown out of a back door. When I went round the front with blood pouring down my face to warn the doormen that they had someone pretending to be a bouncer, off his head and attacking customers I find out, guess what, he IS a bouncer! You could tell they knew I was in the right despite him saying first that I was banging on doors then that I was tagging the walls with a marker pen because they let me back in. A few of them privately told me that he was deranged and they'd had problems with him before. They put up a wall of silence about it as a group though, leading me to wonder whether he has some family connection to the owners or 'knows people'. or summat. Wish I'd prosecuted, I still have problems bending one of my thumbs and a scar on my top lip where my tooth went through. I still have one more opposable thumb than he does! won't be going back there again even if Rudolph Valentino said "Come with me to the..."

There are some good bouncers. We all want someone who can handle themselves watching our backs when we're trying to have a good time, after all there are a lot of cretins in town who get a drink inside them and just want to crack skulls. I'm talking about the kind of doormen who talk down situations, employ control and restraint techniques and only use force as a last resort. I've met bouncers with a 'peace always wins' philosophy who quote Ghandi and Buddhist scriptures and they blow me away with their cool attitude. They are pretty rare though. The job must attract a lot of throwbacks who want power without responsibility and accountability.

Instead of moaning on here why don't you moan to the Police and Licencing Authorities?

:huh: