What's your opinion of Bouncers?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. What's your opinion of Bouncers?

• They do a good job under harsh conditions
    • They don't do enough
    • They are power-mad
    • Hmm, i don't really have an opinion

Originally posted by draggletail

I don't understand why you had think it would be difficult to press charges deano - it sounds like you had three policemen as witnesses. Or have I misunderstood?

The three policemen were outside,they picked me up,asked if i was ok,had a chat with another doorman and cleared off,they advised me to press charges but they only saw me thrown onto the pavement,they wern't in the pub.

Originally posted by kirky

would you name the place in question deano...cheers

MOD EDIT: For obvious reasons the name of the Bar has been removed. Please refrain from naming the bar in question on a public forum.

Originally posted by deano

The three policemen were outside,they picked me up,asked if i was ok,had a chat with another doorman and cleared off,they advised me to press charges but they only saw me thrown onto the pavement,they wern't in the pub.

Don't want to seem picky here deano, but if the policeman saw you thrown to the ground head first, then surely they witnessed an assault:confused:

Sounds like a real bad experience:(

Don't want to seem picky here deano, but if the policeman saw you thrown to the ground head first, then surely they witnessed an assault:confused:

Yeah they witnessed that bit,but surely all the bouncer has to say was that i was violent,(i wasn't).

I do have a case,had my bruises photographed,but honestly is it worth it?Would like to see the cctv footage,but what are the chances of that happening?

May I say that as a door supervisor not a bouncer we have to deal with some very aggresive people who are the worse for drink and we get a lot of hasstle.

I dont know your particular case so I wont comment on that ,but what I will say is that all door supervisors are badged and have gone through a extensive training course in customer care to name but one aspect of the course.

I am sorry you had a bad experience but plz try not to lump all doormen in the same camp.

Not all doormen are bad. I am going back approx 8 or 9 years ago but to cut a long story short, I was in a night club having a good time and a man came up to me with the sole intent of having a go. Now do'nt get me wrong, i can and have handled myself pretty well when needed but this man was a walking mountain!, i erred on the side of caution and walked away. This mountain then ran at me when i was walking down a flight of stairs, i had just enough time to get my balance sorted and i ducked to avoid his first punch. That punch never came, a bouncer (As we used to call them) had seen what was happening and before i knew what was going on the mountain was on the floor at the bottom of the stairs with the doorman using him as a sofa.

Needless to say i was greatfull to the doorman.

The reason behind the assault is irelevant. They saw the assault happen and thats that.

Besides, theres no love lost between the night club owners and the police, they make there lives a mysery with all the violence that they create every weekend.

Do the decent thing and get them knicked.

Markham hit the nail on the head, had it been a police officer they would have been suspended.

Who gives them a right to do what they did.

Chances are that you will not be allowed to view the CCTV footage.

If you don't want to involve the Police, another option is to complain to Licensing General at the Council who will investigate the incident as they are currently responsible for registering Door Supervisors.

As RoyJames said, don't tar all Door Supervisors with the same brush - the vast majority are very professional.

Originally posted by richl

If you don't want to involve the Police, another option is to complain to Licensing General at the Council who will investigate the incident as they are currently responsible for registering Door Supervisors.

As RoyJames said, don't tar all Door Supervisors with the same brush - the vast majority are very professional.

I really don't know what to do for the best,is it worth it?

On one hand i don't want other people to suffer such treatment as i did,but on the other hand there is so much "red tape" to wade through.

There is no way i percieve all doormen to be the same,i have the utmost respect for the job they do,i couldn't do it,ive always appreciated the job they do,after all they are there for our safety,but it only takes one or two "bad apples"to change peoples views.

Without wanting to sound mellow dramatic,the lad who threw me out was twice my size,and if i had landed awkwardly could have seriously injured me.

And to think i stay out of town because of the threat of violence from gangs of youths.

Think about it deano, if you had been sozzled and smashed the place up the manager would probably be pressing you, through the courts, for some kind of reimbursement. His doorman assaulted you, caused you (and your GF) embarrassment and very nearly caused you injury. Does the doorman get away with it. As I said earlier, if it had been a copper who did this, would he be let off?

Originally posted by richl

The Data Protection Act covers CCTV recordings now, so by law you are entitled to see the footage of you. However, chances are that if you ask, you'll find the tape has been "lost", "re-used" or the machine wasn't working. :mad:

I would make a complaint to the Police. Maybe they won't do anything but if they get more complaints from other people, about the same pub, then they might do.

If you want to keep things simple, maybe you could make a complaint to the police, but don't press charges. Presumably the doorman will get hauled in for a bol*ocking from police.

Does this sound about right?