Council tree felling...

Peaceful protests! Have you seen the so called peaceful protesters on YouTube? It’s very embarrassing to watch.

Yes, I have watched most of the videos, and have been present at protests. What mostly happens is that protesters stand peacefully somewhere which impedes the felling. The SIA and/or police go through the agreed five stage warning procedure, after which the protesters either agree at that point to leave, or are are carried away unresisting. This warning procedure was put into place to avoid the injuries that occurred on MPR in January.

There was one recent incident where the SIA types grabbed a protester without warning, and swung him around with considerable force - causing another elderly female protester who the first protester had been assisting, to be flung to the floor like a rag doll, and who had to be taken to hospital. The protester who had been grabbed was then manhandled by 5 SIAs and reacted the way most of us would have.

If the SIAs had followed the protocol they were supposed to have, no one would have got hurt.

And still no protester has been charged with any crime. Quite remarkable given that there have now been thousands of protest events spread over three years. If the vast majority of protesters hadn't been consistently peaceful, often in the face of considerable provocation (e.g. being spat at by arbs), there would have been a lot of convictions by now.

And still no protester has been charged with any crime.........

This is not strictly true.

No protester has been charged for anything related to violence, but protesters have undergone arrests for other "offences" and some have been charged.

This is not strictly true.

No protester has been charged for anything related to violence, but protesters have undergone arrests for other "offences" and some have been charged.

I'm not aware of anyone having been charged for anything (apart from Simon's dropped charge for highway obstruction). Do you have any details?

Yes, I have watched most of the videos, and have been present at protests. What mostly happens is that protesters stand peacefully somewhere which impedes the felling. The SIA and/or police go through the agreed five stage warning procedure, after which the protesters either agree at that point to leave, or are are carried away unresisting. This warning procedure was put into place to avoid the injuries that occurred on MPR in January.

There was one recent incident where the SIA types grabbed a protester without warning, and swung him around with considerable force - causing another elderly female protester who the first protester had been assisting, to be flung to the floor like a rag doll, and who had to be taken to hospital. The protester who had been grabbed was then manhandled by 5 SIAs and reacted the way most of us would have.

If the SIAs had followed the protocol they were supposed to have, no one would have got hurt.

And still no protester has been charged with any crime. Quite remarkable given that there have now been thousands of protest events spread over three years. If the vast majority of protesters hadn't been consistently peaceful, often in the face of considerable provocation (e.g. being spat at by arbs), there would have been a lot of convictions by now.

See, you watch that clip as an interested party and you see an assault.

I watch it and see a group of elderly folk acting like nineties hippy tree huggers

( Swampy et al) who cry assault at the first sign of being approached by security.

By the way, you know what happened to the Newbury bypass don’t you.

See, you watch that clip as an interested party and you see an assault.

I watch it and see a group of elderly folk acting like nineties hippy tree huggers

( Swampy et al) who cry assault at the first sign of being approached by security.

I saw an elderly lady (who suffers from MS) being thrown to the floor by SIA security. She was eventually taken to A&E by the police.

By the way, you know what happened to the Newbury bypass don’t you.

In the last 3 weeks Amey have managed to fell 7 trees. This compares with the average of

60+ per 3 weeks which they were achieving until protesters started slowing things down.

I saw an elderly lady (who suffers from MS) being thrown to the floor by SIA security. She was eventually taken to A&E by the police.

In the last 3 weeks Amey have managed to fell 7 trees. This compares with the average of

60+ per 3 weeks which they were achieving until protesters started slowing things down.

Good grief! You can’t even see the evidence with your own eyes. She is in an area she shouldn’t be. Security weren’t even dealing with her. She fell because she was holding on to that other idiot that was being removed.

It’s not peaceful protest when you are entering an excluded area to prevent lawful work from happening.

Stop wasting my tax money because like the Newbury bypass, it’s going to happen. You may be delaying the inevitable but at a hell of a cost to Sheffield taxpayers.

Stop wasting my tax money because like the Newbury bypass, it’s going to happen. .

I'm curious as to why you're referencing a very old campaign like the Newbury bypass? Why not something more modern and relevant?

Good grief! You can’t even see the evidence with your own eyes. She is in an area she shouldn’t be. Security weren’t even dealing with her. She fell because she was holding on to that other idiot that was being removed.

It’s not peaceful protest when you are entering an excluded area to prevent lawful work from happening.

Stop wasting my tax money because like the Newbury bypass, it’s going to happen. You may be delaying the inevitable but at a hell of a cost to Sheffield taxpayers.

Your message appears to communicate some concern about your tax money. Perhaps you would like to tell us how you feel about your taxes being handed over to a tax avoiding multinational?

Amey plc is part of Grupo Ferrovial, the Spanish company that just happens to own more than twenty subsidiaries domiciled in tax havens. I wonder why?

Because it's legal to do so?

She fell down because the bouncer was using excessive force and was ignoring the protocol agreed upon with police to avoid incidents like that.

Also, you have an exceedingly odd definition of peaceful.

Because it's legal to do so?

It is legal - we have the Old Boy network to thank for that. The system has been taken over by vested interests. It's called neoliberalism.

Neoliberals believe that there should be no public sector beyond a small police force to protect private property, they plan that all public services should be privatised - handed over to tax abusers like Amey, G4S, Serco, Capita, etc, and they insist in deregulation so that nobody can hold these companies to account when they fail.

She fell down because the bouncer was using excessive force and was ignoring the protocol agreed upon with police to avoid incidents like that.

Also, you have an exceedingly odd definition of peaceful.

She fell because she was holding on to idiot number 1 who was being removed by security. You can clearly see they were not holding her at this point as they had ready let go of her.

So you were not being peaceful then.