Hillsborough - Who drove through mother duck and 7 ducklings?

Guest makapaka
It's not beyond the realms of possibility that someone did it for kicks. I wish it wasn't but it's a possibility. None of us were there so we don't know.

No it’s not. But within no time there was violence wished on the supposed “perp”- no one saw - no one knows - but the little ducklings eh?!

Weird.

Not being funny, but is it an offence to run over ducks in the road, shocking whatever.

Yes. All birds are protected under the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981....

(1)Subject to the provisions of this Part, if any person intentionally—

(a)kills, injures or takes any wild bird........he shall be guilty of an offence.

---------- Post added 03-05-2018 at 10:34 ----------

As I live in the sticks it's mostly Pheasants that cross my path. It's a simple decision to make, be a human, stop and chivy them out of the way. The alternative to run over them is not in my psyche to be honest.

Angel1.

Depends on how fast you are going.... If a suicideal pheasant appears I'm not swerving for it thats more likley to cause a crash - smae if you have to stamp on the brakes and someones tailgating you. If theres chance to stop though then of course you do, why wouldnt you as you say....

Typical SF, loads of people who were not there filling in all the blanks and coming up with someone who will go on to hurting people :rolleyes:

Not so much filling in the blanks as taking the word of the OP.

Guest makapaka
Not so much filling in the blanks as taking the word of the OP.

Taking the word that some ducks have been run over.

Not that Norman Bates was driving the car.

I'm aware of that, I was referring to how quickly the accusations escalate.

---------- Post added 03-05-2018 at 12:17 ----------

Taking the word that some ducks have been run over.

Not that Norman Bates was driving the car.

:hihi: :hihi:

Everytime i have accidentally killed a rabbit or squirrel in my car it has always bothered me for the rest of the day.

Why not just let them out of your car? Also, how did they get in there in the first place?

I like to think that most people are like me and have a conscience but i do know that there are a minority who dont.

I think so too, vast majority of us living here have a lot of empathy and care for the well being of animals. Only a very tiny minority don't, and they're probably very deeply unhappy and troubled individuals.

This has now made it onto Sheffield Online via the Sheffield Star, accompanied by the usual knuckle dragger comments such as "Lets hope something nasty happens to him if he did on purpose", all based on the say so of one person.

Yes, as if that would be a proportionate response :loopy:

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/horror-as-driver-mows-down-family-of-ducklings-on-sheffield-road-1-9148200

She said the lady told her she would report what had happened to the RSPCA, but the charity said this week it had no record of the incident.[/Quote]

Well that clearly says it all.

Livesy Street, Hillsborough, junction with Penistone Road 17.15 today.

> Witness told me she saw a driver of small silver car go from stationary to deliberately plough through mum and 7 ducklings crossing road;

> Mother duck - broken leg - distressed made for river

> 3 duckings flattened on the road dead

> 4 ducklings distressed running away from fantastic staff from Evans Halshaw doing a great job of rounding them up on a big heap of stones where they were escaping.

> EH staff apparently reported to RSPCA who were sending someone.

Did anyone see this or get the numberplate?

Thanks!

Fake News! Just saying.

Fake News! Just saying.

The fact it was never reported speaks volumes.