Devonshire arms middle handley

what a shame the Devonshire Arms at middle handley has closed they were doing a great job, we have had some fantastic meals out there.

is this another place that will remain empty ???

what a shame the Devonshire Arms at middle handley has closed they were doing a great job, we have had some fantastic meals out there.

is this another place that will remain empty ???

Jackie and John Tompkins just bought it, will be open soon.

Lucky you.

Not seen Lisa for years and years, short bob hair do if my memory serves, still see her brother Nigel now and again.

Edited by top4718

Jackie and John Tompkins just bought it, will be open soon.

big boots to fill;)

Yes people would travel from miles around to sample the stones expertly pulled by old Tom the landlord I can't remember is wife's name though but she was a lovely lady.

I knew Tom and his wife, they used to bring their car into Kennings, Whittington Moor, lovely couple, sadly missed, kept a good pint.

The food is very good here! But the new owner/chef Cary as a very nasty temper I over heard him being unbelievably over the top using four letter words and threatening one poor chap who stopped off in his car park to make a call on his phone the poor bloke looked terrified! Totally uncalled for! Like I said good food but I will not be going back! Don't like nasty people like him.

---------- Post added 24-07-2017 at 21:47 ----------

I knew Tom and his wife, they used to bring their car into Kennings, Whittington Moor, lovely couple, sadly missed, kept a good pint.

Yes tom was a gentleman and his hand pulled stones was legendary

The food is very good here! But the new owner/chef Cary as a very nasty temper I over heard him being unbelievably over the top using four letter words and threatening one poor chap who stopped off in his car park to make a call on his phone the poor bloke looked terrified! Totally uncalled for! Like I said good food but I will not be going back! Don't like nasty people like him.

I think Cary Brown has left the place now.

:hihi::hihi: you overheard him in the carpark shouting at someone??? so you wont go back? even though the food is top notch:roll:

---------- Post added 25-07-2017 at 08:17 ----------

I think Cary Brown has left the place now.

yes he has:suspect::rant: although the new owners will struggle i reckon;)

Any ideas why the place suddenly closed under Cary's ownership?

The were very vocal on the Dev's FB page that it was through 'no fault of their own'.

They also invited customers down to finish off the beer that was in left in the barrels as they didn't want to leave 'one drop in the barrels for those pair of <removed>'. Again, all noted on the Dev's FB page.

All seems very bitter?

Edited by nikki-red
masked swearing

The were very vocal on the Dev's FB page that it was through 'no fault of their own'.

They also invited customers down to finish off the beer that was in left in the barrels as they didn't want to leave 'one drop in the barrels for those pair of <removed>'. Again, all noted on the Dev's FB page.

All seems very bitter?

it was very bitter and not for me to divulge as i dont know the full story only one side,but lets just say it wasnt Carys doing, they had great plans for the place and the rug was pulled from under them!! i think it will struggle going forward.

Edited by nikki-red
masked swearing

All seems very bitter?

I don't think Carey owned it, I think he was cheffing there. I could be wrong but I don't THINK I am.

Edited by nikki-red
masked swearing

it was very bitter and not for me to divulge as i dont know the full story only one side,but lets just say it wasnt Carys doing, they had great plans for the place and the rug was pulled from under them!! i think it will struggle going forward.

C'mon, give us a bit more than that.

Brewery issues? Anything to do with the new owners who now have the place?