Anorexia caused by narcissism - Agree?

There is too much overthinking about mental health. :huh: :huh: :huh:

Common sense logic beats expensive so called professional bullsh**t every day of the week. I have more sympathy for people starving in war torn and third World countries, than people who choose to starve themselves to gain sympathy.

Though I have no love for the mental health services and how much money is wasted (the non-bold),

I thought this bold/underlined ranks amongst the most crass things I've ever read in here, and you have had a lot of competition in my time here.

Eating disorders have the highest mortality rate for any mental illness and therefore any discussion of them should be done sensitively

Really?

More than depression?

Do you have a link to the journal?

---------- Post added 15-03-2016 at 02:12 ----------

people who choose to starve themselves to gain sympathy

Nothing to do with sympathy

Everything about controlling the only thing they can mate :thumbsup:

Usually with a history of abuse

Though I have no love for the mental health services and how much money is wasted (the non-bold),

I thought this bold/underlined ranks amongst the most crass things I've ever read in here, and you have had a lot of competition in my time here.

And that's part of the problem, which is too many people are walking on eggshells and are afraid of telling self abusers the truth.

The lady's comments make sense. The girls and woman affected live in Countries where there is no shotage of food and problems seem to be self inflicted due to looking too much in the mirror and reading too many fashion trends. My prescription is to give these silly girls and women a job on a production line in a factory or vegetable picking on a farm.

Just wondering how blaming the victims of mental illness (in this case often a fatal one) helps anyone. Shocking comment.

And that's part of the problem, which is too many people are walking on eggshells and are afraid of telling self abusers the truth.

And you continue to demonstrate that you know nothing about the topic.

And you continue to demonstrate that you know nothing about the topic.

Still trying to work out what sympathy someone who is dead is trying to get exactly because left untreated huge numbers of people with all sorts of mental health issues end up making that choice. And the number is at it's highest in recorded history.

And it keeps on coming! :hihi:

The point is many of these mental issues are self inflicted, because the people affected have the luxury of living in the UK and are immune to the very real problems less fortunate people living in other areas of the World suffer. If a teenage UK anorexia sufferer traded places with a teenage Bangladesh sweatshop worker, then their anorexia issues would soon vanish.

Mental illnesses are no more self inflicted than viral or genetic illnesses.

Please stop, you're coming across like a ignorant tool.

Mental illnesses are no more self inflicted than viral or genetic illnesses.

Please stop, you're coming across like a ignorant tool.

You could become less ignorant, if you had a more open mind and looked at issues from another angle, while using more common sense in your thinking process.

Sure... I could be less ignorant. It's not you that's entirely ignorant of mental health issues. :rolleyes:

And it keeps on coming! :hihi:

I do believe we've reached peak Sheffield Forum. Well played, Gamston.