Is there any help with costs of eczema?

He just had an appointment letter through and he will be going back in October. She also sent a separate letter to both us and his GP outlining his condition and treatments, in which she says that she may suggest paste bandages if they wet wrapping doesn't help. It also mentions the tablets he has which is Montelukast, she has said in the letter that it is ongoing so hopefully we won't have issues with being re-prescribed it.

She prescribed Oilatum as the other stuff is too thick and blocks the pores. She said that the GP had made is worse by prescribing Zeroderm. It is related to the type of eczema he has - his eczema although dry is some patches is more blotchy generally. Not the dry/cracked type of eczema.

The covers we have for his bed zip up, the entire mattress is encased and doesn't tuck in. Same with the duvet cover - it is basically a bag with a zip that the duvet goes inside.

I'm getting rid of more and more stuff, like opening shelving where I can. I hope once I have got rid of the majority of the "dust traps" like ornaments, then combined with the damp dusting, special covers and other measures I'm hoping he eczema will calm down. I know it will never end in the sense that you can't eradicate dust-mites completely. The only thing to do is to keep on top of them but I hope that as we get the house less cluttered it will get easier.

I will apply for the DLA for him. At the moment because he is on the strong medication he's not been waking through the night, but after Monday we need to go down the Eumovate for 7 days and then after Eumovate 2-3 days a week. It is highly likely that once we do that it will be back to the night wakings unless the wet wrapping works (I really hope they do!). I'm going to keep writing a diary over the next few weeks and write down how many times at night he gets up and how long it takes to settle him down. I've never timed it in the past but it felt like we were up for a couple of hours each night. Simply because once he woke up itching he could not get back to sleep because of the itching and there is nothing we can could do to stop it itching. Several times we would just had to leave him and tell him to just try to go back to sleep because we needed sleep too.

The covers in the link I gave you zip up totally. There is also a special sleeping bag with built in pillow to take if you have to stay away from home.

Not all those creams are thick and block pores. Diprobase is for raw skin to protect until it heals. Some of the moisturizers stop the itching. I have dry skin excema and allergic eczema

I couldn't see a link but the ones at Dunelm say dust-mite resistant. They don't appear to be the barrier type ones which is what he needs. The ones he need seal dust-mites in so that he can't breathe in their feces. They are made from a very tight-knit fabric which is what keeps them in because they can't escape. If they have ones which are dust-mite proof then I will take a look.

I couldn't see a link but the ones at Dunelm say dust-mite resistant. They don't appear to be the barrier type ones which is what he needs. The ones he need seal dust-mites in so that he can't breathe in their feces. They are made from a very tight-knit fabric which is what keeps them in because they can't escape. If they have ones which are dust-mite proof then I will take a look.

Sorry, it seems the link didn't add. I will look for the company again and try and add it. I was working on two browsers. I need to change my password (can't remember it, Im on auto log in) so I can use an up to date browser for the forum. I just Googled it so have a quick look. The second company, not the Dunelm one, does have totally zip up covers cheaper than the ones you added in your link.

To the OP

My heart goes out to you.

My eldest had severe eczema from a very young age and we struggled with treatment for many years.

Just as a heads up - he is now 30 and eczema and asthma free so there is always light at the end of the tunnel.

All the best to you all.