Should Radio Hallam have its own separate Wikipedia article?

Should 'Radio Hallam' have a separate Wikipedia article to Hallam FM?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Should 'Radio Hallam' have a separate Wikipedia article to Hallam FM?

• YES
    • NO
    • NOT SURE

Wasn't it Roger Moffat that upset a lot of listeners by suggesting that Elvis should be stuffed soon after his death? Not an isolated phenomenon. :)

Yes Jim, probably after a lunchtime session in the Old Blue Bell....lol:D

Edit: Ah, see what you mean from similar entries about other stations too

Still not sure what discussing on SF is likely to achieve rather than raising it with the Wikipedia community though?

Edited by Squiggs

Edit: Ah, see what you mean from similar entries about other stations too

Still not sure what discussing on SF is likely to achieve rather than raising it with the Wikipedia community though?

Just wanted to raise awareness and find out what others thought from the region Radio Hallam broadcasted to.

---------- Post added 02-02-2017 at 20:28 ----------

Then, of course, you could just accept that Wiki is not the font of all knowledge and set up your own Radio Hallam website/page.

Good point and idea. This is something that I have thought about for quite a while. I might just do this. I literally lived and breathed the station, as a lad, and I passionately feel that 'Radio Hallam', deserves something like that, in commemoration of how good the station was and how wonderful the presenters were. It was a very special era in local commercial radio. :)

Edited by diezeltruck

I know what they should do and that's merge all the Hallam FM, Viking FM etc entries into one Bauer Media page since they are all pretty much the same indistinguishable stations anyway now apart from the regional adverts

There are at the very least two former presenters that I would consider without doubt 'notable presenters', of the former Radio Hallam. These two presenters are Roger Moffat and Dave Kilner. Roger worked for Radio Luxembourg, The Light Programme (which became Radio Two), Radio Hallam and Radio Sheffield. Dave Kilner began at Radio Hallam, in the very late 70's, and was probably their most well known and respected dj for a good 10 years at least, before he moved to Magic AM, and then latterly Peak 107 in Chesterfield, in 1998. Both of these former presenters, incredibly, do not have their own Wiki article to link to. There is also Johnny Moran, who can be seen in that famous Radio One black and white photo, taken in 1967, who later moved to Radio Hallam and who presented the Breakfast Show, again for a good decade or even longer. Johnny Moran was the first ever presenter on the station back in 1974. There are other, what I would consider iconic presenters, such as: Ray Stuart, who were also pioneers of the station, who were arguably the fabric of the station.

Edited by diezeltruck

There are at the very least two former presenters that I would consider without doubt 'notable presenters', of the former Radio Hallam. These two presenters are Roger Moffat and Dave Kilner. Roger worked for Radio Luxembourg, The Light Programme (which became Radio Two), Radio Hallam and Radio Sheffield. Dave Kilner began at Radio Hallam, in the very late 70's, and was probably their most well known and respected dj for a good 10 years at least, before he moved to Magic AM, and then latterly Peak 107 in Chesterfield, in 1998. Both of these former presenters, incredibly, do not have their own Wiki article to link to. There is also Johnny Moran, who can be seen in that famous Radio One black and white photo, taken in 1967, who later moved to Radio Hallam and who presented the Breakfast Show, again for a good decade or even longer. There are other, what I would consider iconic presenters, such as: Ray Stuart, who were also pioneers of the station, who were arguably the fabric of the station.

Did Ray Stuart have a Sunday morning or Sunday afternoon show in the early gays? I used to see him often in the Dove And Rainbow on Sunday lunchtime sessions there. I assumed he was working at the time. I was always out and about on Sundays in those days, and didn't listen much to radio on Sundays.

Did Ray Stuart have a Sunday morning or Sunday afternoon show in the early gays? I used to see him often in the Dove And Rainbow on Sunday lunchtime sessions there. I assumed he was working at the time. I was always out and about on Sundays in those days, and didn't listen much to radio on Sundays.

Some of the presenters, at least, used to meet up in The Dove and Rainbow, and I believe Ray Stuart also frequented The Old Blue Bell, which is now Cavell's. I used to listen to Ray Stuart on a Saturday morning for his Chart Countdown Show. which I started to listen to from early 1975, when I was nine years old, for many years after. I'm not sure if he presented a show on Sundays, but I think many of the dj's back then, were at the station most of the time. They literally lived and breathed the station. It was their life.

---------- Post added 07-02-2017 at 20:34 ----------

Did Ray Stuart have a Sunday morning or Sunday afternoon show in the early days?.

Just checked an old Radio Hallam programme schedule and Ray Stuart did present a programme on Sundays, from 9am til midday, called 'The Top 40 Album Show' - this was in Dec. 1974, into the New Year of 1975.

Some of the presenters, at least, used to meet up in The Dove and Rainbow, and I believe Ray Stuart also frequented The Old Blue Bell, which is now Cavell's. I used to listen to Ray Stuart on a Saturday morning for his Chart Countdown Show. which I started to listen to from early 1975, when I was nine years old, for many years after. I'm not sure if he presented a show on Sundays, but I think many of the dj's back then, were at the station most of the time. They literally lived and breathed the station. It was their life.

I know Roger Moffat went in the Bell a lot on weekday lunchtimes, never saw Ray there, maybe he went in at night. Saw Ray quite a bit in the 60's when he sang with a couple of bands., He died way too young RIP.

I know Roger Moffat went in the Bell a lot on weekday lunchtimes, never saw Ray there, maybe he went in at night. Saw Ray quite a bit in the 60's when he sang with a couple of bands., He died way too young RIP.

I was never a fan of Hallam - awful music. But, I can recall a novelty band who I saw at Attercliffe Radical Club in the 60s, called Frankenstein and the Monsters - I think Ray Stuart was the lead singer.

I was never a fan of Hallam - awful music. But, I can recall a novelty band who I saw at Attercliffe Radical Club in the 60s, called Frankenstein and the Monsters - I think Ray Stuart was the lead singer.

I have a news clipping of the news of Ray Stuart's passing. You are right in the fact that Ray was in the said band: 'Frankenstein and the Monster's'. What kind of music did they perform and were they good? I loved listening to Ray Stuart. I probably listened to him more than any other dj on 'Radio Hallam.' I disagree with your 'awful music' comment, as 'Radio Hallam', didn't just play pop. I was young and enjoyed the daytime music the station played, but they did have programmes that catered for the Rock fan (Ray Stuart/Colin Slade), Country music with Beverley Chub, a Christian show with Blair Crawford. Earnest Marvin did a pause for thought, I think. There was a Soul show, Classical with Bill MacDonald or was it Bill Crozier, or both. There was a presenter called Tony Jasper too, who might have played to the alternative music taste listener. So much for so many musical tastes, especially in the evening programme schedules. I remember fondly the roadshows and the dj's giving records out as prizes. It was 'Radio Hallam', in 'Hallamland,' never simply 'Hallam'. :)

---------- Post added 08-02-2017 at 09:02 ----------

I can recall a novelty band who I saw at Attercliffe Radical Club in the 60s, called Frankenstein and the Monsters - I think Ray Stuart was the lead singer.

A good link re Frankenstein and the Monsters here: http://www.manchesterbeat.com/groups/frankenstein/frankenstein.php

Edited by diezeltruck

Roger has now been added.

But it does say

<!--Any non-notable presenters or staff added to this article will be removed - if an editor considers someone is notable, write a Wikipedia article on them first, or provide a reputable source to show they deserve an article-->
Edited by alchresearch

Roger has now been added.

But it does say

Thankyou alchresearch. The problem is, is that I put in a dispute, in 2014, because notable presenters were being removed or deleted if they didn't have their own Wiki article to link to. It was agreed then that so long as reliable references could be cited to a named presenter, they did not necessarily require a Wiki article of their own, to include them in the list of 'notable presenters' section. As far as I am aware, Wikipedia has no rules stating that names of people require a Wiki article to link to. The editor who has added that note is taking it upon themselves to lay down the rules, not Wikipedia, unless things have changed in the past three years. A merge was done of Radio Hallam with Hallam FM, by an editor, who first put the topic in the 'talk' section and because there was no consensus of opinion, they decided to merge and delete the Radio Hallam article. I will be putting in another dispute soon in regards to the notable presenters still being deleted, even though I included reliable sources against their names last time I added some.

Edited by diezeltruck