Norton Retail Park - St James

I was in queuing traffic at the Meadowhead roundabout last week. Crawled up to Hunstone Avenue and then didn't move an inch for 10 mins.

I look forward to this roundabout getting even worse if/when a retail park is built next door.

Private developments are one of the best chances of getting any investment in the local infrastructure, so make sure you let them know all your concerns. The council planners almost always ask for investment for such things as one of the planning considerations, and often get it.

Another Meadowhell?

Doubt it will be on such a grand scale, don't think it would be much bigger than down at Meersbrook, where Matalan is, but I could be wrong.

I would like it to be something which enhances the area and complements what is there already. Maybe a garden centre and and a m&s food hall...

I would like it to be something which enhances the area and complements what is there already. Maybe a Sports Direct and a Mcd's...

FTFY.

If its only going to be a small retail site similar to the one on Chesterfield Road it wont have much of an impact on the traffic in the area. Norton college and leisure centre used to generate a fair amount of traffic.

FTFY.

If its only going to be a small retail site similar to the one on Chesterfield Road it wont have much of an impact on the traffic in the area. Norton college and leisure centre used to generate a fair amount of traffic.

Leisure centre still there still generating a lot of traffic. Doubt any fast food will be there as the school managed to stop a macdonalds being built where JCT6000 ( gilders) is.

if they can put in a sensible traffic idea fantastic ,we badly need a argos as the one n town is terrible to get to,and a supermarket and a few shops would help us on the south side of the city,but they will have to sort out the traffic.

Good ... attract some decent shops though instead of these daft "mini retail parks" that are now the norm!

I heard Ikea was going there. Or was it a costa, pound shop, gregs and Starbucks?

Good ... attract some decent shops though instead of these daft "mini retail parks" that are now the norm!

I thought it was implies this would be one of those "daft mini retail parks".

I heard Ikea was going there. Or was it a costa, pound shop, gregs and Starbucks?

Chinese Lantern Store and new Police Helicopter landing pad, I heard.

Chinese Lantern Store and new Police Helicopter landing pad, I heard.

really, then my good chap you are a fool