Micro pub Woodseats

Popped in last week - its a lovely little place. And for those who don't like ale they have a few wines and a prosecco on tap. Happy days. Good luck to the owner and his family, thank you for bringing something actually nice to Woodseats!

Agree. Seems really good and a massive positive for Woodseats. :):love:

Went in on Saturday late afternoon, quite a lot of people in. Agree with Tess, it's great that it caters for non ale drinkers, saw a few with wines, prosecco, cider etc.

I think it's a fab addition to Woodseats and I think it will do well.

Wish it did a few bar snacks things, if they do I must not have seen them, other than that I really like it.

Went in on Saturday late afternoon, quite a lot of people in. Agree with Tess, it's great that it caters for non ale drinkers, saw a few with wines, prosecco, cider etc.

I think it's a fab addition to Woodseats and I think it will do well.

Wish it did a few bar snacks things, if they do I must not have seen them, other than that I really like it.

I think they had a few bag of Yorkshire Crisps behind the bar :)

thanks to the folks on here I learned about this new place and tried it this week. It's very nice. They've done a good job of the bar area and it's bigger inside than what it appears from the outside.

They had a good "range" of beers on cask. And when I say "range" I'm referring to different styles and strengths. This is really important to me.

My preference is for a strong IPA type beer, minimum 5%, but preferably more like 6% or 7%. I find it exasperating when I go in a pub and they've got half a dozen or more beer pumps but everyone one of them has got very similar styles and strengths of beer.

They only have 5 cask ale pumps in Guzzle if I recall, but they'd got a really nice mix of light and dark beers ranging in strength from session ale type 3.8% to 5%. So, a bit of something for everyone - I hope they will continue to try and manage the range of beers similarly - and hopefully get something a bit more daring on at the strong end, 6% or more. The location can cope with that. What I mean is, sometimes if you've got a remote country pub where folks need to drive to get there, the really strong beers don't sell well, but in a suburban location like Woodseats that shouldn't be an issue.

I didn't notice any bar snacks myself. I'd agree with another on here when they say that would be a good addition - providing they are quality. A good quality pork pie, sausage roll, Scotch egg, would be a treat.